Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended

Thanks for all your help 

HP Recommended

Hi

I am desparately trying to get a Samsung 950 to boot with my z800. any chance of a guide here?

CS

HP Recommended

Hello Taccess 

I readed the whole article 

I also own hp z800 with two procesors

Recently i bought a Samsung 970Evo Nvme SSD for my lap top , but the lap top suports sata only

So the idea was to use it on my Hp Z800... i read on the web it says Z800 doesend support nvme ..... in other hand you have made it work....
_
the question is .... should i return the nvme ssd or try it on my pc ?

if yes , what kind of adapter do i need to buy ?

hope to hear from you

HP Recommended

Hi

The 950 Pro NvME card has a bios chip on it which is why it will work with the z800.

I have not looked at samsungs new 970 pro yet but i dont believe it will work.

I hace a z820 now using a 960 pro which has to boit via clover. So if the 970 will boot then i also will buy one for my z820.

Let me know if you get it working thanks.

HP Recommended

Well 

im owning a 970evo plus , you are mentioning 970Pro

My pc is another state , and i bought the ssd in Swiss ... so i can try it weeks later... if it doesend work ... i beter return it while im here 

HP Recommended

1) sell your 970

2) buy a 950 Pro

3) buy a pcie to nvme card

4) enjoy a super fast operating system 

HP Recommended

Thank you veryyyyyy muuuch

xoxoxoxoxoxo

HP Recommended

Hi Taccess. I too am upgrading my Z800. I've just purchased 2x Samsung 950 pro NVMEs (got a great deal on Ebay at  $220 dollars (£174). for both. I'm waiting for two PCIe NVME adaptors to arrive. I've read that some people have reported issues when trying to use the Samsung 950 Pro's as Boot drives.  I'm currently using Windows 7 but after I install the two Samsung 950 pros I am hoping to install Win 10 on one of them. can you offer any advice or have you found the process fairly straightforward ? I do a lot of VFX and video editing related tasks. Should I stick with Win 7, will Win 7 even work with the NVME ssds ? I've heard conflicting reports.

Thanks.

HP Recommended

Hello

The 950 pro works flawlessly with the z800 and win 10 and is over twice the speeds of ssd driv.

All the best 

HP Recommended

Thanks, that's great news.

All the best.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.