Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Z800
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Upgraded Z800 bios from 3.60 to latest 3.61 (rev a) .

Have started to notice instability issues, with complete Windows operating system hangs.

i note in the support bios readme, you cannot roll-back to previous version.

i have tried and received a failed update warning !

Any suggestions or similar issues from other users ?

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

what errors are being shown in the windows log files?

HP released the z800 spectre bios fix well after the problems were found with the original bios updates. intel first released then pulled the orignal fix due to issues then rerreleased a updated fix once they found/fixed the stability problem

my z820 has the updated spectre fixed bios, and i have not noticed any issues with reboots/bsod's , same with my z800

HP Recommended

Z800 3.61 BIOS pretty much makes your computer unusable. Crashing every day atleast once, but usually multible times. I think it has something to do with power saving features.

HP Recommended

your experence is not the normal experence most z800 uses are having.

you might want to do some troubleshooting to see if you can determine why or what is causing your problems

HP Recommended

Hi!

It looks like my motherboard broke right after BIOS update. That explains my problems.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.