Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended
Z820
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi. 
I found a new Z820 motherboard. Not too bad to get the old one out but when I Put the new one in, the holes line up, I slide it to the side to lock it in but the cutouts at the back are a different height. The board is sitting high. I tried to put the old board back in. Same thing. Sooooo. There must be some kind of trick? When I tilt the board up I can slide it in  but the other stand offs are not lined up. What’s the trick? Does the back cutout have to come off?

Jarv
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Thanks. I was being cautious. I just gently pushed down on the back connectors and it slid in. It was just a bit snug. I’m always careful not to force things. This needed a little convincing. I was trying to delete this post so as not to bother people. Can’t find a delete button. Lol

Jarv

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

sounds like you are not inserting the back metal standoff(s) into the slot.

all of the metal standoffs must drop into the matching cutout before you slide the motherboard back and then install the cpu's/heatsink(s)

HP Recommended

Thanks. I was being cautious. I just gently pushed down on the back connectors and it slid in. It was just a bit snug. I’m always careful not to force things. This needed a little convincing. I was trying to delete this post so as not to bother people. Can’t find a delete button. Lol

Jarv
HP Recommended

so my suggestion was the correct solution? if so why did you not mark it as the accepted solution so other readers could benefit

HP Recommended

No. I was trying to delete my post as what happened wasn’t exactly a stand-off issue. I discovered that if I gently pushed down on the Ethernet block it would slide under. The posts were in the holes and were able to slide but not all the way until I applied some downwards pressure. 

Jarv
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.