2 0 0 0
Message 1 of 1
Flag Post

bios dmi reset on Envy 750 424 with expired warranty

HP Recommended
HP Envy Desktop 750 -424
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello today!

This is a bios DMI reset issue on a workstation desktop - not a notebook or laptop.

A message pops up at every restart that indicates Invalid or missing information. It also gives the HP support page to contact and I have made attempts to go there and follow every instruction precisely.

I joined this wonderful HP Community and found many posts on the same issue.

I know the typical response is to go here: https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c01443496

In an attempt to follow those instructions, I created a case with HP Support to request RMA and let HP service tech fix issue as suggested whatever the cost.
The case was closed without any response .

This is becoming a real mystery.

The only missing info in the bios is the CT number. I know the CT number. I have a valid CT number.

Obviously, there is no advanced bios for a consumer to reset bios dmi on this board and I understand the reasoning for that.

I know that only the certified HP technician knows the secret path to nbdmifit enlightenment on this IPM17-DD2 rev. 1.01 system board and any utility required to fix this issue can only be implemented properly and efficiently by an HP certified technician.

Is there any way I can get a little help here? What am I not understanding? Where have I not been listening?

Can someone give answer without runaround?

Thank you,
~~ScottUU

Like mythical gods to ancient Greeks is my reverence for computer geeks ..
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation