panzatros
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 5
Flag Post

could you create a bios update that allows to OC the hp z800

HP Recommended
hp z800
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

i got an old hp z800, and i think that it could be a good Mother board to OC, do you have any unlock bios for it? i already ungrade the bios from 1.18 to 3.57, pls its and old pc and i wanna have some fun with Overcloaking

4 REPLIES 4
Z440Roger
Level 5
165 159 12 46
Message 2 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

AFAIK the answer is no since the processors themselves cannot be oveclocked in the Z800.

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
panzatros
Author
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

the xeones and the processors for the plataform 1366, can be OC, i check in the ark data of intel, yhe problem is the bios of the mother board, they are hard to found 

Z440Roger
Level 5
165 159 12 46
Message 4 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Yes, but it is not recommended and it wont ever happen in a Z800 unless someone else creates the BIOS. Since the Z800 is an "old" machine i doubt very much that HP will create it.

The successor of the Z800 was the Z820 and the current model is the Z840. If i remember correctly the Z800 was released in spring 2009. I may be wrong on the release date. 🙂

MtothaJ
Level 6
333 321 20 104
Message 5 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@panzatros wrote:

i got an old hp z800, and i think that it could be a good Mother board to OC, do you have any unlock bios for it? i already ungrade the bios from 1.18 to 3.57, pls its and old pc and i wanna have some fun with Overcloaking

You would have much more luck with a Zx20 since its i) an AMI bios and ii) based on UEFI, so there is a whole range of tools to analyse / edit the bios.

Using Uefi tool and then IFR extractor on the Z420 / Z620 bios it is clear that there are a multitude of advanced menus which are hidden from the user (inlcuding voltage, turbo adjustments etc.) I have a pretty good idea of how to get these unlocked in a safe / non invasive way but since I no longer have a Z420 I don't have the means to do the testing.

Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation