Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
hp xw8600 workstation
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

I can’t get the original power supply, help me understand in pinout 6 pin memory connection, 12V (M) and 12V (D) what is the difference or how can I make an adapter from a standard power supply?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

The answer is Yes.

From a google of "xw8600 spare parts" and the HP results for what you want and the lower 800W power supply:

HP xw8600 1050W Power Supply.jpg

Here's the label from eBay results, and note that there are "spare", "assembly" and Delta part numbers on this label, highlighted.  Now you can go find your chosen one..... dinking with trying to convert a non-HP power supply over to one that works properly is asking for a nuked motherboard.  These all are custom engineered by HP to significantly above ATX standards......:

xw8600 1050W power supply.jpg

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

There are a good number of those on eBay, both 800 and 1050W versions.  I never have had a bad experience buying a used HP workstation power supply from eBay.  They go bad rarely, and the used replacements I've bought from eBay have always been good.

HP Recommended

Delta DPS-1050CB A, is it compatible with my workstation?

HP Recommended

The answer is Yes.

From a google of "xw8600 spare parts" and the HP results for what you want and the lower 800W power supply:

HP xw8600 1050W Power Supply.jpg

Here's the label from eBay results, and note that there are "spare", "assembly" and Delta part numbers on this label, highlighted.  Now you can go find your chosen one..... dinking with trying to convert a non-HP power supply over to one that works properly is asking for a nuked motherboard.  These all are custom engineered by HP to significantly above ATX standards......:

xw8600 1050W power supply.jpg

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.