simostam
Level 1
8 5 0 0
Message 1 of 6
Flag Post

hp z400 power button/led and hood sensor

HP Recommended
hp z400

hi there, i'm assembling a new pc using an hp z400 motherboard. some problems occours. 
1- the original power button cable ha a elettronic component  (feel like a diod) and i haven't because i don't have the cable because i've bought a new case wich have standard plug e play pin.is that component necessary to start the pc? 
2- searching and searching i saw thatthere is a hood sensor. is that sensor necessary to start the pc? how can i bypass thi sensor? (i'ts a normal switch, with two cable but at the motherboard i've 3 pins so i guess that the first and the third can be connected together to bypass an send a always closed signal to the pc 

Tags (1)
5 REPLIES 5
SDH
Level 10
2,274 2,228 211 657
Message 2 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

More research is needed... google "xw6600 pinout" and get the top Word document link that comes up..... I wrote that years ago.

Almost never was a hood sensor installed, and it has nothing to do with startup.

That is a thermisitor for ambient temp sensing.  It feeds back into the motherboard fan speed control system, and is important.

simostam
Author
Level 1
8 5 0 0
Message 3 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended
Tell me if i've understand. That switch don't Need to start the computer but only for external thermal temperature?
About the xw6600 pinout i havn't . I have the 24 pin so i found a wiring connection betwen than and a normal atx and i provide ti recable my atx cable in the right alimentation and i Hope It turn on . I saw someone do this job for the z400
0 Kudos
SDH
Level 10
2,274 2,228 211 657
Message 4 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

That cable has multiple functions, including on/off, LED signals out from the motherboard, and it has an embedded thermisitor.

Download that document as a .doc file.... you'll find it valuable.  Use this forum's search box up at the top left.... it searches only this forum.  There is a treasure trove of answers for you there.

0 Kudos
simostam
Author
Level 1
8 5 0 0
Message 5 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

please, can i have a link of that doc file? i'm tremendous noobie on this forum, i try to search but without results :Crying:

0 Kudos
SDH
Level 10
2,274 2,228 211 657
Message 6 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Try this,  HERE.

Save it with the extension .doc and it is a MS Word file.  Understand that this is not a HP file..... it is the result of a lot of people trying to figure things out and it will be a help but will not be perfect.  Good luck with your project.

Here is the google top result from my computer...... 

xw6600 pinout.jpg

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation