gabakusa
5 3 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

hp z600 wont turn on after I turn it off

workstation z600
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I got hp z600 and i got geforce gtx 1070, I bought a power adapter 6 pin to 8 pin. I have the issue the PC will turn on and works fine but when i power it off and want to turn it on again it wont turn on at all. I have to unplug it and hold the reset button for few seconds then I plug it back again and it turns on. No it seems it is dead 100%. What can it be? too much power consumption from the video card? I got other hp z600 with gtx 1050 no external power required and it works great. Any suggestion? Thanks

2 REPLIES 2
christopher8
2 2 0 0
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Um I can't awnser your question but I installed a GTX 1050ti with a Max power draw of 75w on my z600 but after a bit it would suddenly shut down and now i can't even turn it on even when I reinstall the old gpu it came with.
0 Kudos
Level 11
3,084 3,077 261 608
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

either the motherboard, or the power supply is most likely failing

you might be able to  semi test the power suppply if you have several devices that can be disconnected which lowers the load placed on the supply.

IE- disconnect all drives but the C: drive, remove all memory but for one stick, replace video card with one that does not use the aux power connector

if the system now boots/shuts down normally, replace the power supply. if it still has a issue then i  suspect the motherboard (although it could still be pwr supply related)

the above test is  a crude way to try to determine the source of the problem and is not a exact method, you could still have a problem with the CPU/ the OS install, Bad Ram so keep this in mind

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation