Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended

is there any chance I can use dual VEGA 64 ?

both Vega have 2x 8pin pcie

with possible undervolt I can power the cards down something

I play to buy dual

https://www.msi.com/Graphics-card/Radeon-RX-Vega-64-Air-Boost-8G-OC

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Calaudude,

To determine whther the z620 PSU will support 2X Vega 64''s, first make a calculation of the TDP of all the components: processor(s), motherboard, CPU cooler, memory, drives, and then add 2X the maximum TDP of the Vega 64 2X 295W = 590W. Then add 50% overhead. This is to ensure that all components will be capable of simultaneous, maximum perfomance over time at 100% performance.

My guess is that if the z620  825W PSU will not be sufficient for two Vega 64s.

A quick solution using Partpicker system build based on a single Xeon E5-2687w v4, 360mm liquid cooling, 128GB of RAM, and 2X Vega 64's shows a calculation of 891W.   The E5-2687w v4 is 160W.

What is(are) the processor(s) in the z620?

What are the priority of uses for this system?

Have you given up on RTX?  There is the new Radeon VII, based on a 7nm die, and the performance is extremely good, equalling RTX 2080 and in some benchmarks exceeding RTX 2080 Ti.  The scientific, compute, and analysis scores of the VII are well above 2080 Ti. The VII of course far exceeds Vega 64 performance. Perhaps a single Radeon VII -it's rated at 300W- might be sufficient for your use.

BambiBoomZ

HP Recommended

I have 2  z620 systems in my home

one is just for gaming one is for desktop. I came to the conclusion that a dual vega 64 is too much for a z620 system

power issues and playce issues

I got now a single vega 64 to replace my GF 970 on my Desktop system

I got a Radeon VII for my gaming rig of my kids

technical I got 2x Radeon VII so I could try dual Radeon VII

HP Recommended

Small update. The Vega 64 Card dont work 100% on my Desktop system, I get gfx glitches sometimes on Desktop

HP Recommended

small update2 

looks like vega 64 is working fine my hdmi cable was !%"%&/"

HP Recommended

small update:

I ordered now a set of 2x Vega 56 and try to CF that in my Z620 gaming rig

ech Vega 56 has 2x 8pin pcie and  210w tdp

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.