Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
RP5 5810
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Noticed in the device manaer a missing device driver. To troubleshoot, I found if I remove the pci riser card (with 24v usb and 2 pci ports) the error goes away. Tried to find a driver, no luck. This pc is not connected to the internet, stand alone. I moved it to a network connection and ran the hp mising driver program, none found. Hardware id is PCI\VEN_1283&DEV_0893&SUBSYS_00000000&REV_52  

PCI\VEN_1283&DEV_0893&CC_060401

9 REPLIES 9
HP Recommended

please recheck the posted information,

while  PCI\VEN_1283 does map to PCS Industries Ltd,           DEV_0893 does not match to anything

HP Recommended

See attached pic of screen.

IMG_9372.jpg

HP Recommended

does this riser card have any chips on it? (it would have to in order to show a pci dev ID number) if you can read the chip number(s) please post them

i would install the latest 

HP Recovery Manager Update

system software Manager Icon
1.1610.2.0 Rev.1

as this program will check and update or install all nessary drivers and create recovery disks

HP Recommended
HP Recommended

I can't seem to access this utility, is it maybe not available for the machine I have?

HP Recommended

i asked you to post the numbers of any chips on the riser board, and i plainly see one in your picture and yet you have not posted this chip's number 

HP Recommended

Sorry, I don't have the system close to me. I only have the picture taken of the board. Looks like ITE IT8893E. Next time I get to the system, I will take a closer picture of the riser card chip numbers.

HP Recommended

I finally got access to this pc. The Chip manufacture is ITE, Chip Number is IT8893E, 1710-GXS, S1506Z.IMG_8768.JPG

HP Recommended

ok, windows has builtin drivers for this chip, so you either have a software issue or a driver/device conflict

if you have local admin access to the system, install the riser card, (remove any pci cards in the riser) then remove the "!" device in device manager and reboot, this will let windows redetect it. in most cases this should work

if not are there any unused devices such as serial ports that can be disabled in the bios? if so disable and try the remove device again

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.