Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
hp 450-114il
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

i have a hp 450-114il dektop . it is good enough but i want upgrade its graphics since most of the new games require a powerful gpu. so please help me to improve my pc Capture.JPG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

not really going to happen this is a lowend budget system with a intel Bay Trail-D Pentium J2900 series cpu (2.41GHZ, 2mb cache) using the cpu's embedded graphics  (Intel HD Graphics )

the case is a custom low profile design, and  the power supply is not a ATX standard unit, it's a external 65 watt laptop style HP made unit specific to this series model

as such you can not even install a pci-e card due to power limits and no pci-e slots (the motherboard is more like a laptop than a PC system)

if you wish to have better graphics you will need to replace the system, there is nothing that can be done to overcome the hardware limitations of this system in reguards to expanadability

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

not really going to happen this is a lowend budget system with a intel Bay Trail-D Pentium J2900 series cpu (2.41GHZ, 2mb cache) using the cpu's embedded graphics  (Intel HD Graphics )

the case is a custom low profile design, and  the power supply is not a ATX standard unit, it's a external 65 watt laptop style HP made unit specific to this series model

as such you can not even install a pci-e card due to power limits and no pci-e slots (the motherboard is more like a laptop than a PC system)

if you wish to have better graphics you will need to replace the system, there is nothing that can be done to overcome the hardware limitations of this system in reguards to expanadability

HP Recommended

can i use the mini pci-e slot and externel psu to connect the graphics card . For ex. can i use a riser mini pci - e to pci-e slot.

HP Recommended

rather pointless, even if the adapter(s) plus a external power supply for the pci-e card did work all you will have is a x1 pcie 2.0 slot and for video usage this is almost as bad as the cpu based graphics.

as is aid you will have to buy another system that supports PCI-E based cards you can find used systems on ebay for around 200/300 us dollars that are complete turnkey systems (just plug in and connect kbd/mouse/monitor)

HP Recommended

thank you very much

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.