Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended
xw6400
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

Can anyone help as to which drivers I need to get to fresh install windows ( tried both 7 and 8.1) on a xw6400 with a single hdd ( have tried both hdd and ssd to no success) on raid 0 . installation asks for drivers and does not see the hdd. Bios  is set to RAID/AHCI  but have tried other settings as well to no success. Have tried downloading various drivers but they are mostly in .exe form and cannot extract from them. 

Thanks in advance

Jpapavas

10 REPLIES 10
HP Recommended

Hi:

See if the storage controller drivers that I zipped up and attached below work for you.

I attached the Intel Matrix storage controller drivers.

Unzip the files to their folder.

Get a USB flash drive and copy the file contents of the folder to your flash drive.

Boot from the W8.1 installation media and when you get to the part where you are asked to load drivers, browse to the USB flash drive, and if you check the box, it will only include the compatible driver.

Hopefully the files I attached are the right ones your PC is looking for.

HP Recommended

Thanks for the driver but setup says that no device drivers found. on start up the screen shows 

Serial ATA AHCI BIOS,

Version iSrc 1.17_D 03112008

sytem bios is 786D4 v02.38

Does

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

Is the hard drive data connector straight into a SATA port on the motherboard, or is it hooked up to some other model SAS controller?

HP Recommended

the last RST drivers to support the xw6400/8400 chipset were the 10.1.0.1008 which are no longer available on the intel website as they have been removed due to their age so you may have to search for them

http://www.opendrivers.com/download/driver-158502.html

dell however does still list them, but their file does not have the "F6" dos driver you require in their setup package

https://www.dell.com/support/home/us/en/04/drivers/driversdetails?driverid=rr3h4

HP Recommended

connected to the motherboard raid 0 (blue) When trying to setup win 7 x64 it does actually select esb2 driver from the files you sent me but goes no further then shows the message again. 

Under win 10 it shows controller as 

Intel ESB2 SATA RAID controller  (your file has this in it - win7 setup shows this as compatable but 8.1 doesn't)

and 

Intel 631XESB/632ESB ultra ATA storage controller/3100 chipset serial ATA

HP Recommended

win 10 has native driver support for all necessary xw6400 drivers no other drivers are required

set the bios to defaults Raid+AHCI mode and boot drive must be under 2GB in size

HP Recommended

Using windows 10 on xw6400 but never liked them. They seem to be full of junk apps. I was hoping to go back to 8.1 at least. Every time win 10 updates it creates more problems for me.  Oh well. Thanks everyone for your time.

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

Sorry the W7 drivers I attached the other day didn't work for W81.

I am kind of surprised they didn't, and that W8.1 was asking for storage drivers in the first place.

HP Recommended

Could be that it was asking for more than one driver. Oh well stuck with win10. It's just that win10 grow and grow every so often - those ridiculous apps! In the end you need a main frame (do they still exist ) just to run "Office" LOL. Still a xw6400 with 16G ram is beautiful - even with win10

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.