Did you mean: 
6 2 0 0
Message 1 of 1
Flag Post
HP Recommended

t520 BIOS upgrade nightmare

HP t520
Other

We have a number of older t520 thin clients running ThinPro. They fully support ThinPro 7.1, which I'm upgrading them too, but many are on very old BIOS levels (1.03/1.04). As part of this upgrade, I'd like to bring the BIOS's up to date to 1.12, but I'm pulling my hair out because these old BIOS's don't support tool-less BIOS updates, and every other method I've tried to update the BIOS fails.

I need a foolproof, simple way of upgrading the BIOS on these thin clients. If there's one, I'm very interested to know it. I do use HPDM to manage the thin clients, and could use that I believe, but if I go to the HP Download Center, and look for t520 BIOS, it isn't even listed (most other HP TC's are), so I can't create a template either.

Is there an intermediate BIOS upgrade step I'm missing, or is this actually impossible?

Tags (2)
Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation