Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended

Hi, I also used the settings posted but the issue remains. I got the same issue on 2 different unit. Strange thing, we usually install those T630 in our plant with only 1 monitor connected to it but the 2 units I tested used 2 monitors, maybe a coincidence?

We also used them with Windows 2012 R2 with RDS broker

I opened up a support call with HP and they send me a packaging box. I already sent the same unit to them and I got the same issue after the repair.

I will let you know.

HP Recommended

Hi all, I wanted to share our experience with using the T630 thin clients. We ordered 100 of them late last year and since day one they have froze on average 1-2 times a week. We have worked with HP support who first pointed the finger at our Sophos antivirus that we had installed. We uninstalled that and confirmed the freezing still existed. At that point we decided to setup a thin client with no changes being made to it. We literally imaged it with the factory image that we downloaded using the ThinUpdate tool and deployed it to one of our users. After nearly a week, it finally froze while he was using it. This confirms the issue is happening with these thin clients right out of the box. We sent HP a thin client a couple of weeks ago but unfortunately they have yet to be able to reproduce the freeze on their end. Fingers crossed they can get to the bottom of this.

HP Recommended

Add a daily reboot will help flushing UWF/wrtie manager

We have same issue with getting UWF working correctly with AV vendor.

HP Recommended

Thanks for the suggestion, nivalcckw. I can confirm we built a rule task that disables the write filter every night to allow the antivirus updates to be written to the drive. We have another rule task that re-enables the write filter several hours later prior to our agents logging back in to the thin clients.

We did get this ticket escalated to level 3 and they provided an updated graphics driver along with a .BAT file that they have asked us to run that makes some registry changes. We deployed the new graphics driver/BAT file to 10 thin clients that are running our standard image. So far we have not expierenced any freezes with these 10 thin clients... *knock on wood*. I will post another update soon.

HP Recommended

Hi,

Could you please provide us details that updated graphics driver with .bat file installation?

Thanks

HP Recommended

if you are using in house image  do read the "Support for Customer-Created Windows 10 IoT Enterprise Images on Select HP Thin Clients "

http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c05105005

The IoT driver pack and pre-caching .net application process helps a lot

HP Recommended

Just curious, how do you allocate the memory of your T630/UWF or write manager/ramdisk?

HP Recommended

Hi, 

Did you find the solution for this issue ? We have the same trouble on our parck of T630 : randomly freeze. 

We use RDP connection on Server RDS 2016, the workstations are on W10 LTSB v1607 and we use the native Microsoft RDP client .

We've got a few workstations where users use Citrix connection on Server 2003 R2, with the Receiver client v4.7 and none of those users are relating this trouble (workstation freeze).

Thanks.

HP Recommended

We finally resolved this after nearly an entire year of troubleshooting...! HP & AMD provided an updated video driver as well as a .BAT file containing multiple registry changes. With both of these changes applied, our thin clients no longer freeze. HP did acknowledge that these changes are not applicable for every customer meaning some customers may need different fixes compared to what we needed. That said, if you continue to work with HP, they should be able to narrow it down as to what is required to resolve the freezing issue in your environment.

HP Recommended

I am testing the Sep 2018 AMD embedded drivers for T520/630/730, is that the one?

May I have the batch file or the registry keys you are referring to?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.