Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended

Can you please refer to the URL where we can download the new driver and BAT file so we can try this fix?

HP Recommended

Hi,

Can you give the .BAT and the updated driver ?

HP Recommended
HP Recommended

The URL provided does not work.

Reply on clicking the URL:

We’re sorry, but we were unable to complete your download. There could be several reasons for this.

Can you please reply what driver we should download? so we can find it ourselves on the AMD website.

HP Recommended

It is just the amd embedded series driver from AMD support website. The latest version is called “AMD windows embedded catalyst 18.20.28”

the display driver version is showing as 24.20.12028.11

HP Recommended

Hi,
We've implemented the AMD drivers @ t630's from a customer that has these random lockups, but no BAT file with regkeys was found in the .ZIP file from AMD.

Are you able to give me the REG keys in a reply?
Thanks in advance!

HP Recommended

JP75231 gave me this :

REM Company: Advanced Micro Devices
REM Date: Feb 22, 2018
REM Description: Batch file to update Windows Registry with custom Registry Key for HPI

echo off
cls
REM the following will find the registry path for the current installed Video Adapter
setLocal EnableDelayedExpansion
for /f "tokens=10 delims=\" %%a in ('reg query hklm\hardware\devicemap\video\ ^|find "\0001"') do (
echo Video Adapter found at: HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Video\%%a\0001
set LOCATION=%%a
)
REM Set the ATI Video Adapter 2D Driver Path location
set FULL_LOC0=HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Video\%LOCATION%\0000
set FULL_LOC1=HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Video\%LOCATION%\0001

set Key1=DisableAllClockGating
set Key2=DisablePowerGating

set Data1=1
set Data2=0

REG ADD "%FULL_LOC0%" /v %Key1% /t REG_DWORD /d %Data1% /f
REG ADD "%FULL_LOC1%" /v %Key1% /t REG_DWORD /d %Data1% /f
REG ADD "%FULL_LOC0%" /v %Key2% /t REG_DWORD /d %Data2% /f
REG ADD "%FULL_LOC1%" /v %Key2% /t REG_DWORD /d %Data2% /f

echo.
echo The following Registry Key updates have been made
echo %FULL_LOC0%\%KEY1%=%Data1%
echo.
echo %FULL_LOC1%\%KEY1%=%Data1%
echo.
echo %FULL_LOC0%\%KEY2%=%Data2%
echo.
echo %FULL_LOC1%\%KEY2%=%Data2%
echo.

echo A system reboot is required to apply changes.  Press any key to reboot now.
pause
shutdown -r -t 1

exit

HP Recommended
REM Company: Advanced Micro Devices
REM Date: Feb 22, 2018
REM Description: Batch file to update Windows Registry with custom Registry Key for HPI

echo off
cls
REM the following will find the registry path for the current installed Video Adapter
setLocal EnableDelayedExpansion
for /f "tokens=10 delims=\" %%a in ('reg query hklm\hardware\devicemap\video\ ^|find "\0001"') do (
echo Video Adapter found at: HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Video\%%a\0001
set LOCATION=%%a
)
REM Set the ATI Video Adapter 2D Driver Path location
set FULL_LOC0=HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Video\%LOCATION%\0000
set FULL_LOC1=HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Video\%LOCATION%\0001

set Key1=DisableAllClockGating
set Key2=DisablePowerGating

set Data1=1
set Data2=0

REG ADD "%FULL_LOC0%" /v %Key2% /t REG_DWORD /d %Data2% /f
REG ADD "%FULL_LOC1%" /v %Key2% /t REG_DWORD /d %Data2% /f

echo.
echo The following Registry Key updates have been made
echo %FULL_LOC0%\%KEY1%=%Data1%
echo.
echo %FULL_LOC1%\%KEY1%=%Data1%
echo.
echo %FULL_LOC0%\%KEY2%=%Data2%
echo.
echo %FULL_LOC1%\%KEY2%=%Data2%
echo.

echo A system reboot is required to apply changes.  Press any key to reboot now.
pause
shutdown -r -t 1

exit
HP Recommended

Thanks but in my opinion there is a fault in the .BAT:

REG ADD "%FULL_LOC0%" /v %Key2% /t REG_DWORD /d %Data1% /f    (The Echo rules imply this should be %Data2% instead of 1)
REG ADD "%FULL_LOC1%" /v %Key2% /t REG_DWORD /d %Data1% /f    (The same here....   were else would you need Data2 for ?)
HP Recommended

You probably right! I have updated my post.

(For me, the update driver has fix the freezes so I haven't used the script)

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.