Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended

HP is not able to replcaite the issue and provide many batch files to debug the issue.

It is not a fix so suggest for anyone who has the Hard freeze to escalate to HP support.

There are multiple freeze issues and there are multiple fixes. Not sure when HP will release these fixes to public as it is still under test by mutiple customers.

The only way to get these potential fix is to call HP support

HP Recommended

I second that, would be better check what is the registry settings from new AMD driver out of box first.

DisableAllClockGating
DisablePowerGating
HP Recommended

Hi,

just to inform you:
- we've patched a few TC's and didn't tell our customer which ones, to make sure we'd be able to point out if it worked or not.
- for 2 weeks every few days we checked whether (and which) TC's hardlocked.  Surprisingly only the unpatched TC's locked themselves. 
We presented the results to our customer, who then demanded to have all the TC's patched.
Since then not a single supportcall has been made by them regarding hardlocks. 

So I'd say: it worked for our batch TC 630's. 

HP Recommended

@Bart_van_de_Ven wrote:

Hi,

just to inform you:
- we've patched a few TC's and didn't tell our customer which ones, to make sure we'd be able to point out if it worked or not.
- for 2 weeks every few days we checked whether (and which) TC's hardlocked.  Surprisingly only the unpatched TC's locked themselves. 
We presented the results to our customer, who then demanded to have all the TC's patched.
Since then not a single supportcall has been made by them regarding hardlocks. 

So I'd say: it worked for our batch TC 630's. 

May I know if you upgrade the driver only, or also apply the registry settings script per this thread?

HP Recommended

We've both updated the videodriver and ran the (modified as there was a slight fault in it, see few posts back) batchfile to import the registry settings.

HP Recommended

Hello Bart,

We're having the exact same problem with the T630's. We are in the middle of a migration from XenApp 6.5/Server 2008R2 to XenApp 7.18/Server 2016 and have not encountered the problem with the new (7.18) environment during several test days, but as we have placed the TC's earlier we have to work in the old environment and then the freezes are happening.

I've updated 1 T630 with the ATI 18.50.190214a-339560C-AES driver and done the REG batch file, but this morning it BSOD'ed on ATIKMDAG.SYS - System Service Exception.

I'm thinking that we do not have the problem with XenApp 7.18 with the latest Citrix WorkSpace Application, but I don't know for sure and postponed the complete rollout of 30 T630's. 

Do you also used the 18.50.190214a-339560C-AES driver?

Thanks.

Regards,

Bas van Meurs

HP Recommended

Hello,

What's the way to escalate to HP, because when putting in the s/n on the support page, I'm getting  "This product is not longer supported by HP" > but, there are website upgrades going on...

We have 30 T630 and having the hard freeze problem with corrupt images and corrupt mouse pointers on display.

Thanks,

Bas van Meurs

HP Recommended

Curious, are you using HP thinupdate image or in house customized windows 10 ? 

HP Recommended

Hi Bas, 

We've bought T630's  with product type 2ZV01AA  in January of 2019 so ours are still in warranty.
These seem to have a GX-420GI AMD SoC embedded for which at first we tryed the fixes as published on this forum.
Still, one of our clients kept having issues with their T630's with this SoC.

So I decided to contact HP and got in contact with a few engineers that were very helpfull.
They gave me tips and software to implement and verify.

- First of all I received a customized BIOS 00.01.09 REV A zip file
- They asked me to alter these settings after deploy:  Fastboot off, Legacy disable, Integrated graphics: Force, UMA buffer:  1G, boot from Windows boot manager to Primary,   save and reboot.
- Then install a new image named 't630_0307.ibr'  I got from them.
- I had to install the most recent HP software:  ThinUpdate 2.6.3, Easy shell 3.6.6 (unavailable so I tried .17) and Write Manager 1.7.019 (also unavailable, had to install 1.0.1.1).

- After that I had to make sure Write filter was off, and implement all recent Windows patches (include at least KB4489882 Win10 IoT x64 version 1607).  I tried to do this via HP Thin Update but every time the TC rebooted, it told me the installation of the patch failed, and it rolled back. After 6 attempts or so it was finally up to date to the latest W10 IoT Cumulative patch promoted by Thin Update.

Overall this took me a day or 2 before all patches and software were in place. I'm still unsure why all of this wasn't included in the custom image in first place. Until now our customer hasn't complained so far (fingers crossed...)

I think it's wise to contact HP and explain what you are experiencing with these TC's.  All models seem to have other fixes advised...

HP Recommended

Similar experience from me , I use thinupdate to generate latest W10 IoT recovery image to an USB drive. The tool does download all the HP customized addon packages(easyshell/key filter/write manager/Citrix workspace /Windows update certified by HP) from HP ftp directly.

By the way T630 is more stable using UEFI boot. For maximum graphic performance T630 needs to use dual memory.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.