cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Moe17
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post

what cables do i need to install an internal hard drive on a HP Z 800 workstation

HP Recommended
HP Z 800
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I need help installing my internal hard drive on an HP Z 800 workstation. it comes preinstalled the back of the drive with some additional cable preferably an easy installed but it doesnt want to power on. I might need an extra cable, wanted to know which cable do i need. i have an after market internal hard drive which i purchased for additional storage, it is manufactured by some company it came with 3 terabytes.

2 REPLIES 2
JJOcean
Level 6
216 216 33 63
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

First of all you need a SATA Data cable from the SATA port on the motherboard to the HDD. Then you need a SATA power cable from the Power Supply to the HDD. Then assuming it powers on properly, and you should vaguely hear a sound from the drive running, you need to initialize the drive in Windows. This web site has a nice tutorial on how to do that. And this video will help as well.

0 Kudos
Moe17
Author
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Is there anyone out there that can answer my question. Please feel free to give me an answer. Thank You very much?

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation