cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
Highlighted
3 1 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

Solved!

xw6400 Workstation Motherboard

HP Recommended
xw6400 Workstation
Microsoft Windows 10 in S Mode

Hi,

I don't know if anyone out there knows, but can someone tell me the form factor of the motherboard? or is it a custom one as I'm looking for a replacement case to make it more presentable as a home server sitting in the living room.

My Guess is that it's a Standard ATX form factor, but I've not had much experience with the hardware still.

Thanks in advance,

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Level 11
3,679 3,666 323 770
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

the xw6400 is a "semi" custom board/case/power supply

while it can be modded into another case, due to its age/performance i don't recommend doing so better to replace the system

board is mostly a AT compatible in regards to mounting hole location, but a custom mounting bracket for the cpu(s) needs to be made

power supply pinout is not atx compatible, as one line needs to be changed/rerouted on the 24 pin connector

custom cooling needs to be created for the FB Dimms on the motherboard

the audio/USB connections are not standard and the bios will post a press F1 msg on each boot up unless you keep the stock i/o panel cable/bracket

all of the above can be overcome, i've personally modded a 6400 board to a ATX case some years ago but would not do so today as there are much better alternatives 

Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation