Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
z2 g8
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi.

I am looking to purchase HP Z2 G8 workstation with specification :

HP Z2 G8 TWR i7-11700K/32GB/SSD 1TB/W10Pro/700W PSU

Does RTX 2070 super fit into the z2 g8 ? - i saw it supports quadro A5000 which is similar size and uses even more Watt. I know 2070super is not officially supported but I saw a z2g8 spec with i5 and 3070 gpu, so I just need a confirmation that 2070super is not few mm to big and that the 700W PSU has 1x8pin&1x6pin connectors which are needed for 2070super to function.

I couldnt find any pictures or videos of z2g8 showing inside of tower (only outside), if you could provide me some pics or links it would be nice.

What kind of cooler does CPU have? - is it the small/short one with fan on top or the tall one with fan on side(blowing towards back of the case?

Does the case have front fan?

Is there any coil vine when using PC at full load?

Thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

And that is why I WONT BUY anything from HP but a printer.

Overpriced plastic PCs with last gen hardware for to much money, no thank you, Lenovo always helped me , provided answers, there are employees on the their forum helping people with questions, testing hardware when you ask, giving yo proper information, but not HP as such a great company, I have already decided after that gem of a post collector babbeled 3 times without any kind of knowledge or information about said product linking me outdated sheets and acting smug and rude, so HP can thank it for having one regular costumer less.

And yeah this post is solved - NEVER BUYING A HP PC EVER - this is the solution!

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended

you will need to buy a model 270 super that  fits the z2 g8,.....................various card makers have different cooling systems that range from single slot water cooled to triple slot fan cooled

the quadro ATX A500 is a dual slot full length card with a single 8 pin power connector

https://www.pny.com/nvidia-rtx-a5000

so any 2060/2070 that's a dual slot full length card will fit, and the 2060 will have only one 8 pin power connector you may however have to confirm this as a graphic card maker can change this

while the 2070 super will have a 6 pin and 8 pin

HP Recommended

Well thanks for the answer but this really doesnt answer my questions so here I go again. I already own 2070 super from gigabyte which is 267 mm long and is dual slot card same as quadro a5000 so I guess this confirms that 2070s will fit in the case and currently I have it in Lenovo Thinkstation S20 which is about same dimensions as HP Z2 G8. But what would I really like to see is some pictures showing inside of the tower and motherboard to see where are slots placed, etc.

And official HP confirmation that the 2070 super card fits and that nothing in the case blocks it below or at sides ( like ssd/hdd trays...) and to answer these questions below please. Im 2 clicks away from buying z2 g8 and I would really need to know these things since the information is  not available anywhere...

1.Does the z2 g8 PSU have 1x6pin & 1x8pin power connectors for GPU?

2.What kind of cooler does CPU have (fan placement, diameter,..)? -also is there a difference between i7 or i9 cooler

3.How loud is the PC? (my current Lenovo s20 is extremely silent (around 20db) even on full load in 3d and video editing software or modern games?

Thank You

HP Recommended

seems to me that your not actually looking that hard..................................

it does fit, spend some time looking at the HP quickspecs for this model, select a HP listed model and then google the dimensions of that card and then compare with your vender 2070 card size the HP quickspecs shows the NVIDIA Quadro RTX 3000 6 GB Graphics card is a approved card so use that one

as for GPU connectors, again select the HP card quickspecs that is lowest in the list, and read it's specs which will list the cards' power connectors also, note the quickspecs list three different wattage power supplies (300/500/700 watt) and pwr connectors will most likely be different between them so depending on your CPU and video choice, this will determine which power supply you need, i'm guessing the 500 or 700 watt unit but check with HP on this

https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c07551812

https://www.storagereview.com/review/hp-z2-g8-tower-workstation-review

as for noise level that's a loaded subjective question based on two many variables for anyone to answer as each person's sound preferences will be diffrent

HP Recommended

I already stated in the first post exactly which Z2 G8 spec Im looking to buy and is

Z2 g8 i7-11700k/32GB/1TB/700W/Win10Pro,

by the way I was comparing measurements with amd w5700 and quadro a5000 and 3070 and 3080 before and I was asking for an official confirmation from HP because I already had issues in the past with term "it fits" and then there was few milimeter offset and it didint "fit" so... And Im looking at official pdf manuals for z2g8 model in case you were wondering and assuming im not looking "hard enough".

You send me quickspec link(which is pretty generic and stripped out of information) with showing rtx3000 card to be max , then this card is not even available anywhere, instead rtx 4000 + are only cards on nvidia site or at my countries retailers...Then in datasheet created may 14 2021 of z2g8 there is max gpu mentioned is amd w5700 no mention of rtx quadro or geforce cards...., and lastly in the official maintanance and service guide of z2g8 there are ton of gpus listed (rtx 3060,3070,3080-which uses 2x8pin, quadro a5000,a4000, radeon w5700, intel gpus...) so for the same product there are 3 different infos about the same product and thats why Im asking on official HP forum things I need to know and need have them confirmed before I buy a 2k euro PC and yes Im not buying a GPU that costs about the same as this whole PC while I already own a sufficient graphics card for my work. And you keep telling me how many and which power connectors the gpu I own or gpu Im comparing it with has....

While I was waiting in hopes of getting an official response here I went trough the whole official z2g8 manual and cards I mentioned above are supported for z2g8 so 2070 super should fit.

And again PSU - there is absolutely no information in any HP docs about the PSU but that  is 700W and has 92% efficiency and nothing else so the question is still here :

Does the 700W PSU in Z2G8 i7-11700k/32GB/1TB/Win10Pro have 1* 8pin & 1*6pin(2+4) power connectors for the GPU?

HP Recommended

this is a USER TO USER forum, it's NOT A OFFICAL SITE WHERE HP SUPPORT PEOPLE ANSWER QUESTIONS, the people on these forums are users just like you, you want to talk to hp support? then call or email hp support the info is plainly posted on this site

since you appear not to want any answers on this forum from users, i recommend you stop posting on this thread and contact your local HP sales rep or HP service authorized repair location(s)

HP Recommended

Dude now you are just annoying and rude, from your first response you presented literally  no answers to my questions just repeated what I stated and now being rude and overly sarcastic  because you cant provide the information Im seeking on a HP FORUM for a HP PRODUCT, as you say you are just a user and this is ONLY USER to USER FORUM, good, then I dont know why you even bothering with this post if you clearly have no idea about what z2g8 supports and has while you cant provide any insight or meaningful information but simply just post  a quicksheet from main page which doesnt answer anything, and now you are yelling at me that official HP support is just on email or phone  - #youhelped 

HP Recommended

I understand your frustration.  I've had similar frustrations trying to get answers about compatibility issues.

My experience tells me that you will not get an "official" answer from HP. 

HP Recommended

And that is why I WONT BUY anything from HP but a printer.

Overpriced plastic PCs with last gen hardware for to much money, no thank you, Lenovo always helped me , provided answers, there are employees on the their forum helping people with questions, testing hardware when you ask, giving yo proper information, but not HP as such a great company, I have already decided after that gem of a post collector babbeled 3 times without any kind of knowledge or information about said product linking me outdated sheets and acting smug and rude, so HP can thank it for having one regular costumer less.

And yeah this post is solved - NEVER BUYING A HP PC EVER - this is the solution!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.