Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Z600 Workstation
Microsoft Windows Server 2019

Good morning and apologize for my bad english

I have a problem and would like your help

I have a z600 workstation and i can't create raid 5 arrays with 4 tb disks

My raid controller only recognizes disks as if it were 2 tb

The WS Z600 has an Intel Matrix Storage Manager option ROM v8.6.0.1007 ICH10R / DO and I would like to know if and how we can update the ROM with a version that manages hard drives in RAID greater than 2 Tb?

Tank

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

the zx00 line of workstations have a HARDWARE LIMITATION of 2TB for bootable disks

non bootable disks can be up to 3TB in size on the builtin controller

if you add in a 3rd party SAS/SATA card and use that,... then you can use larger drive sizes but only as a non boot drive/array

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.