Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
z620
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I had contacted support and they chatted that I could use the z640 update for the z620 when I was concerned I could not find one for the z620.  I don't recall it ever succeeding, but after a few re-installs of w10pro, I let w10 do the magic and I was prompted at boot to F1 enable tpm and later f3 to clear, and w10 booted up still  My question is if I can or how to get to 2.0 from 1.2 currently working?

tpm.msc reports: Manufacturer IFX, Manufacturer Version 3.19, Specification Version 1.2 

if v=3.19, I have seen lots of higher version upgrades of 1.2 to 2.0, but none as low as 3.19; BIOS is 3.94..

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

windows 10 can work with TPM v1.2 or v2.0

windows 7 can only work with TPM v1.2

HP does not support windows 10 on the z620, as such they will not be releasing a 1.2-2.0 TPM update

while hp does not have offical support windows 10 v1803 (and lower) it will install and run fine

if nessary install the latest TPM update from the windows 7  driver selection

HP Recommended

I will likely have to have a lot of time or a good reason to go from 1.2 to 2 if I have to download all the spXXXXXX's related and try them. One note says you can't see your version, if true, I would be randomly trying them. But maybe I'll get there sometime.

HP Recommended

I have the same issue with a z620 running the 3.94 bios looking for this update for the TPM to see if that will fix my imaging problem with taking this machine to windows 10. Can you list the specific update in the driver section I don't see one specifically for the TPM.

HP Recommended

Found the answer the device was not enabled by default had to enable it in bios.

1. Under Security -> Device Security, you need to make the Embedded Security Device Available

1. Under Security -> System Security you need to enable the Embedded Security Device
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.