Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Z620

I have a Z620 and when I bought this it had a dual CPU E5-2630v2. I have upgraded these to dual E5-2660v2 but on doing so keep getting the following messages on boot:

932 - Warning one of the QPI links is not operating

In addition to this message I also occasionally get the following message:

929 - Fatal MCA error. QPI0 error detected CPU0

When I complete the boot the Workstation seems to be working fine, even though the performance increase isnt as much as I had hoped for from the upgrade (only really evident by stress testing but wondering if its something to do with these errors). However it is a real annoyance. I have had a look around and as far as I can tell it is something to do with the number of QPI links but as far as I can see the number on a E5-2630v2 is the same as on a E5-2630v2 so cant understand why it is happening. I have upgraded to the latest BIOS but this doesnt fix the issue. If I remove the 2nd CPU I dont get any error messages at all. I have also tried swapping CPU's and a different E5-2660v2 and still get the same error.

This therefore leads to the following questions:

Are there any fixes for this?

If there arent what v2 CPU's can I upgrade to so that I wont see this error?

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.