Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended
z820
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi

The pci retainer is very hard to clip in place

I can do it - but I seem to be pushing against something inside, (nvidia k5000 card installed nothign more)

this part.. https://support.hp.com/doc-images/699/c04286474.jpg

The green catch goes to the first click easy - but I can't help feeling something is being crusehd inside  I really have to push hard.  Obviously the case cover wont fit unless its in place fully

Any comments advice most welcome

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

i suspect that you have a non hp video card installed that has the pci-e power cables on the top near the back of the card

thes power leads are hitting the plastic renforcing line of the fan shroud, to resolve try to fan out the video cards power leads so they are as flat as possible without them being bunched up ontop of each other and then carefully bend them 90 degrees so they lie as flat on the top as possible this will allow the shroud to slip in with only a light to moderate downward force

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

i suspect that you have a non hp video card installed that has the pci-e power cables on the top near the back of the card

thes power leads are hitting the plastic renforcing line of the fan shroud, to resolve try to fan out the video cards power leads so they are as flat as possible without them being bunched up ontop of each other and then carefully bend them 90 degrees so they lie as flat on the top as possible this will allow the shroud to slip in with only a light to moderate downward force

HP Recommended

Thanks

You were exactly right - bit of careful moving and smoothing - all fits way better - no sledgehammer required

Thanks for sharing your experience

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.