Did you mean: 
calchelpneeded
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

Arrows stuck on screen

HP Recommended
HP10BII+

My calculator has the 2 arrows showing in the bottom left of the screen and I cannot do any calculations with the device. It seems frozen. Is there any way to get the arrows off the screen ?

0 Kudos
Tags (1)
1 REPLY 1
BartdB
Level 9
971 954 119 186
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi,

It sounds like your calculator is frozen with both the shift-arrows displayed.

I would first of all suggest that you replace both batteries with new ones (a reliable brand from a reliable source). Note the +ve side (side with text) must be visible for both cells when inserted.

(the problem is that the battery low annunciator is not always reliable and low power can cause strange behaviour).

If, with the new cells, it is still frozen then gently insert a bent-open paper-clip into the reset hole (found in the battery compartment).

You can also try a reset from the keyboard by pressing and holding together ON, N and FV buttons, and release in reverse order. You should see a message COPr HP 2010 followed by ALL CLEAr. Press ON the clear the display to 0.00.

If these resets do not help, remove the batteries for a couple of days and then try again. (This discharges any internal capacitances and can remove a latch-up condition).

If the above doesn't help then you need to call HP support for your area (you should find this towards the end of the PDF manual).

-Bart