Shessoshabby
3 2 0 0
Message 1 of 7
Flag Post

Ask a question

HP Recommended
HP17bII+
Other
Is there any one who can assist me with an incorrect formula I have. I must of written it incorrectly and I can not get it to equate to use on my calculator. Thank You!
0 Kudos
6 REPLIES 6
BartdB
Level 9
971 954 119 186
Message 2 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended
Hi,
We can try to help. Please provide the formula as you have it and a description of what it is supposed to do.
-Bart
Author
3 2 0 0
Message 3 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended
I must have it written incorrectly:
LVLPMT:0=(-EQPCST-INDIR+CLOSFEE+SECDEP+(#ADV*PMT))+(PMT*USPV(I:(N-#ADV)))+(SPPV(I:N)*(RESVAL-SECDEP))

Equipment Cost
Advance Payment
Interest Rate
Term
Buy Out
Solve for Payment
0 Kudos
cyrille
Level 6
Level 6
252 251 42 77
Message 4 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello,

As far as I can tell, the main issue is the extra closing ) at the end of the equation...

Cyrille

I am an HP Employee
0 Kudos
BartdB
Level 9
971 954 119 186
Message 5 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi,

I cannot see an issue with the equation as far as I can tell. The number of "(" and ")" seem correct.

I have questions about the variables:

SPPV & USPV : built in HP17BII+ functions

LVLPMT: equation name

EQPCST: Equipment cost

INDIR: ?

CLOSFEE: ?

SECDEP: ?

#ADV: number of advanced payments (not value)

PMT: Payment (that you wish to solve for)

I : interest rate

N: number of payments (term)

RESVAL: ?

I do know which variable to associate with "Buy Out", also there are other variables that will need data.

Also, as indicated above, #ADV is the number of advance payments, not the value of the advance payment. The formula assumes that there are a total of N payments, some of which may be advance payments.

Also remember that the interest rate must be consistent with the payment period (e.g. interest per month for monthly payments, interest per year for annual payments).

-Bart
Author
3 2 0 0
Message 6 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended
Hi! Thank You for the reply. I was given this formula years ago. As I can see from my own notes it shows I have “wrong” written across it but I do not have a correct formula rewritten..
I am trying to calculate a correct formula but not having any luck and this was so helpful for me to calculate a monthly payment.

Would you by any chance have a formula I could use for:
Equipment Cost, Advance Payment, Interest, Term, Buy Out & Payment

Thank You!
0 Kudos
BartdB
Level 9
971 954 119 186
Message 7 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi,

I have tried to look into this further, but as that type of financing is not my field of expertise I have been unable to find a solution.

Best regards.

-Bart