Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP Prime

(I've had a search around for INPUT but can't find what I want. But apologies if I've missed anything.)

I would like to create an interactive view where values / choices can be entered and the view is updated to highlight fields and have touch menu options available. Similar to the Triangle Solver App, where the solved edges/angles are highlighted in blue after the Solve button is pressed, but are still available to be overwritten as inputs. Am I right in thinking that certain functionality in the Apps is not able to be (easily) implemented by user Apps?

I can obviously have an entry page based on INPUT, and a separate display view where the info is presented back, but I'd like there to be a single page, so that the input fields can be highlighted depending on entered data and choices.

(I would also like to modify the available touch screen buttons, which doesn't seem to be possible in INPUT.)

As far as I know...I have exercised all of the documented features of INPUT (and find it to be immensely flexible) but in all cases the display is cleared before the INPUT fields are displayed. So anything already on the screen is lost.

Assuming I've not missed anything... if INPUT were able to work exactly as it does today, but with the option of not clearing the screen before showing the INPUT field (i.e. just show the title bar, menus, and overwrite the INPUT field asked for) then that would provide many more options for user Apps.

From my understanding the only alternative to INPUT is to use GETKEY(or WAIT) to build my own INPUT - which is obviously doable for basic inputs, but obviously more work to implement the various alpha modes. Plus HP have already done all the work to handle input and it's daft having to try to implement it.

I'm new to HP Prime but overall I'm very impressed with the programming capability.

Thanks

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.