robbo11
4 2 0 0
Message 1 of 5
Flag Post

Solved!

Charging cable wouldn't connect to the wall power-adapter

HP Recommended
hp prime calculator

I just bought the hp prime graphing calculator. After opening the package, I thought I should charge it first, but there was something wrong with the cable. The other side wouldn't connect to the wall charging adapter because it was a micro-usb. Is it suppose to like that? If yes, how do I charge the calculator? 

I live in Europe btw if that of any importance.hp .jpg

0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
Joe_Horn
Level 8
622 609 117 207
Message 2 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

The cable that you show in your photo is not the charging cable, but is for connecting two Primes together (for sharing data and/or software). Your Prime should have also come with another cable, which is used for both charging and for data transfer to a computer.  If you don't have that cable, you'll be happy to know that any standard USB A to USB Micro B data cable will work. Such cables are available almost everywhere.

USB-cable

-Joe-
robbo11
Author
4 2 0 0
Message 3 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thanks for answering Joe_Horn. I did receive the other cable, but it also wouldn't connect to the prime. Its a micro usb to usb 2 cable, just like a normal Samsung charging cable. So it wouldn't even connect to the prime. I don't know how such a mistake could happen but I guess my only choice is to buy a new one as you said.

0 Kudos
Tim_Wessman
Level 8
Level 8
747 744 121 187
Message 4 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello,

It will connect just fine. Despite the plug on the calculator being "rectangular", the "angled" micro USB is designed to connect to that. Just do the "try one directrion, flip, try again, flip and then it fits on the 3rd try" thing USB cables seem to require.

TW

Although I work for the HP calculator group as a head developer of the HP Prime, the views and opinions I post here are my own.
robbo11
Author
4 2 0 0
Message 5 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

**bleep** It actually worked. I just assumed it wouldn't connect because the plug on the calculator is rectangular, and i didn't want to try it cause the prime  was new and didn't want to make any external damage.

Thanks so much for your advise Tim_Wassman.

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation