cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
Highlighted
Level 3
44 34 2 1
Message 1 of 9
Flag Post

Solved!

Delta-Wye, Wye-Delta conversion (user-written) program

HP Recommended
HP Prime
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Does anyone have a program that will perform these two conversions?  I tried to write them, but have not yet succeeded. Alternatively I can send (privately) the program(s) that  I wrote if someone can help me find the problem.... Thanks in advance.

8 REPLIES 8
Highlighted
Level 12
7,692 7,654 331 694
Message 2 of 9
Flag Post
Highlighted
Level 9
3,551 3,490 180 537
Message 3 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi!, @EladLending :

You can see one video with an idea for program in Spanish Language from … https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lS9yBd-rMdc

Too two progams for convertion from … https://www.hpcalc.org/search.php?query=Delta+Wye&prime=1

Kind Regards !.
Have a nice day !.
@Maké (Technical Advisor Premium - HP Program Top Contributor).
Provost in HP Spanish Public Forum ... https://h30467.www3.hp.com/
Este vídeo muestra un programa sencillo que hice para la hp prime sirve para convertir de DELTA ESTRELLA y viceversa, todo ello para la materia de circuitos ...
Highlighted
Level 12
7,692 7,654 331 694
Message 4 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Prego

Highlighted
Level 3
26 23 1 5
Message 5 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended

This is a simple function that is easy to code in HPPL. Here is the first conversion.

EXPORT DeltaToWye(r1,r2,r3)
BEGIN
LOCAL den,rx,ry,rz;
den:=r1+r2+r3;
rx:=(r2*r3)/den;
ry:=(r1*r3)/den;
rz:=(r1*r2)/den;
RETURN {rx,ry,rz};
END;

Highlighted
Author
Level 3
44 34 2 1
Message 6 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thank you Mark4flies.  I had written something similar.  I'm curious as to why you chose lower case variables, and why you chose to output to a list, as opposed to a vector.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Author
Level 3
44 34 2 1
Message 7 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended

This is what I wrote previous to your answer.  I'd appreciate if you would comment....    Screenshot (42).jpg

0 Kudos
Level 3
26 23 1 5
Message 8 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I used lower case variable names as a matter of style to distinguish user names from built-in names. I find lists generally more useful but a vector might be a better choice depending on how the result is used.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 3
26 23 1 5
Message 9 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I do not know why you call the DIM() function three times with the global complex variables Z1 through Z3. You do not use the result of the function.

You use three global complex variables Z1 through Z3 through assignment. These built-in variables are no longer available for other uses. The use DY function will over-write any previous values stored there.

You compute the denominator three times. It won't make much difference in a small problem such as this one but it is not as efficient as computing it once, saving it, and then using the result when necessary.

You use a global matrix variable M9. Why did you store the three results in complex variables only to immediately  store them in the first three elements of M9? You could have simply assigned the result of each conversion directly to a matrix element.

The form M9(1) is a bad form. Matrix subscripts must use the row and column index. M9(1,1) would properly reference the first element in the matrix. Use the [[ ]] form for a matrix and the [ ] form for a vector.

I generally prefer to not use global variables in a function definition. I prefer to have specific input parameters and return a single specific result while using local variables for computations within the definition of the function.

My comments have mostly to do with personal style, not strict computer programming rules. If your program works and you like it, then it is a good program!

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation