2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 5
Flag Post

Solved!

Differential Equation Solver...

HP Recommended
HP Prime

Hi All,

I would like to know how to use HP Prime to solve the following differential equation

Equation.png

I have tried to read the user manual, but with no luck.

Tim

0 Kudos
Tags (1)
4 REPLIES 4
Maké
Level 9
3,551 3,490 180 541
Message 2 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi!, @Theplum:

Welcome, to Forum !. :generic:

If you learn correctly the use of desolve, you can see, better explained in the AUR HP50G, from ... 

[PDF]HP 50g / 49g+ / 48gII graphing calculator

h10032.www1.hp.com › ctg › Manual

Chapter, 3-56 and Chapter 16.

For HP PRIME ...

Note: G_0, is referred to differential equation, or first order.

IMG_20160830_114544.jpg

In Wolfram Alpha ...

IMG_20160830_114501.jpg

Kind Regards !.
Have a nice day !.
@Maké (Technical Advisor Premium - HP Program Top Contributor).
Provost in HP Spanish Public Forum ... https://h30467.www3.hp.com/
0 Kudos
Tags (1)
Tim_Wessman
Level 8
Level 8
747 744 121 187
Message 3 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello,

The command you want is "desolve". Before beginning, press the CAS key to move to the CAS environment. You can the command you need in toolbox->CAS->Solve->Differential Equation. Press the HELP key once you've selected it to see the built in help for that command.

Repalce dy/dx with y' in your equation. You can get the ' mark on the shift parenthesis key. It puts them in as a pair, so delete one. So your equation will be desolve(y'=2*x*y,y) and press ENTER.

TW

Although I work for the HP calculator group as a head developer of the HP Prime, the views and opinions I post here are my own.
0 Kudos
Theplum
Author
2 1 0 0
Message 4 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Wow these seem awesome. Thank you all!

But I have one more question...

If I type 2*x*y as 2xy, it will give me a different solution. Isn't it supposed that these two are the same? f0_o

Tim

0 Kudos
Tim_Wessman
Level 8
Level 8
747 744 121 187
Message 5 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

That is interpreted as 2*xy (a variable named 'xy'). When working in the CAS it is definitely best not to use implicit multiplication as it can be ambiguous.

TW

Although I work for the HP calculator group as a head developer of the HP Prime, the views and opinions I post here are my own.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation