Level 1
9 5 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post

Solved!

Example at the end of chapter 13 abruptly ends

HP Recommended
HP 10bII

Would be nice if the missing pages could be added in the next release.

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
Tim_Wessman
Level 8
Level 8
747 744 121 187
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello,

Assuming you are talking about the 10bII+, you can actually completely ignore that example!

It was leftover from when we did the conversion from the 10bII into the 10bII+. The 10bII did not have net future value and so that long example was trying to show how to manually calculate it. The 10bII+ actually does have NFV though by doing a SWAP on the NPV calculation. So you actually can do the whole thing in 1 step now. The example was meant to be deleted, but the person working on the documentation missed deleting the remaining part at the bottom of that page.

I beleive we did remove it in a later editon, but I'm not certain if it ever made it out there. I will check on that to be sure. Thanks for the input!

TW

Although I work for the HP calculator group as a head developer of the HP Prime, the views and opinions I post here are my own.
0 Kudos
Tags (1)
lumbatius
Author
Level 1
9 5 0 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@Tim Wessman

Thank you very much for your fast answer! NPV built in is one of the things I really like about this calculator.

My Message was just meant as a finding I wanted to report. Maybe this obsolete example could be removed in a following edition.

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation