IsaiahWG-01_
Level 1
13 6 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

Finding the Intersections of tan on the graphing function

HP Recommended
HP PRIME

Someone pls help! I’ve been stuck on one of my homework problems for hours. I’m trying to find the intersection points of (tan 22.2°) and (tan 36.7°)(x-50) but the answer I keep getting is wrong or I’m putting it into the wrong format the intersection should be 45 but I’ve gotten so many other different numbers.

image.jpg

Tags (1)
1 REPLY 1
Corruptissima
Level 5
114 113 26 45
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi IsaiahWG-01,

One way to find the point of intersection is to graph using Function App.

Press App key then select Function

Enter the equations as below

Grp1.png

Then press Plot key

Grp2.png

When the graph appears select Menu Soft key -> Fcn -> 5 key or with your finger touch Intersection... Menu

A window will pop up with Title Intersection of F1(X) and. Press 1 Key or touch select F2(X)=TAN(36.7)*(X-50)

Grp3.png

The Graph might not actually show the Intersection in graph area, however it'll display the Intersection Value at the bottom of the screen

Grp4.png

First value in the Bracket is of X and s=the second is of Y. This Y value is the h value which is approximately 45.

Grp5.png

If you now touch the + symbol on the left bottom menu a dotted line with an arrow head pointing the direction you need to scroll with your finger to locate the point of intersection.

This is how it will look in the graph when you finally scroll to the intersection.

Grp6.png

Hope this helps.

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation