cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
Highlighted
Level 3
44 34 2 1
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post

Solved!

Firmware

HP Recommended
HP Prime Graphing Calculator

When I activate the Connectivity kit, I get a popup window asking me if I want to download a new version of 

HP_Prime_Graphing_Calculator firmware: 20170710

Currently the software version installed on the machine is 20160829.

I seem to recall seeing posts on this forum that described all kinds of mayhem unleashed by downloading new versions of the firmware, but perhaps I'm mistaken.

Should I do it?  And if so, what should I do beforehand to safeguard myself from losing my programs stored on the physical calculator?

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Level 8
Level 8
746 743 121 184
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Just perform a backup first which it will prompt you to do, and there is no chance of data loss.

The huge majority have no issues with updates. There is self selection bias in that the only people you see post are those having an issue. 🙂

In fact, we completely redid the update mechanism to make it even more secure then it was before. Once you are on the latest you'll be even less likely to have an issue in the future. The reason it is more reliable is that it won't reqiure special drivers on windows anymore to perform the update. Also can support other OS like mac, and eventually even unit to unit updating potentially.

TW

Although I work for the HP calculator group as a head developer of the HP Prime, the views and opinions I post here are my own.
Highlighted
Author
Level 3
44 34 2 1
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

This morning I updated the firmware; no apparent problems . Thanks, Tim.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 6
305 297 32 76
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

It is good anyhow to know that the Prime has good backup possibilities.

Open the Memory Manager. The item at the bottom is backups.

Press it and you can make backups of your complety memory, including CAS and Home history and app data.

These are internal backups, and stored inside the calculator.

In case of crashes you can easily restore the previous situation.

Another possibility is connecting it to the Connectivity Kit.

When the connection has been established somewhere at the top left side you see indicated : My Prime.

Right click it and you have the option to make a backup on your computer.

0 Kudos
Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation