6 4 0 1
Message 1 of 41
Flag Post

Solved!

HP 12C app not compatible with iOS-11

HP Recommended
HP-12C app
iOS

I purchased version 1.0 of the iOS HP-12C calculator fron the Apple App Store several years ago, but when version 2.0 was released, it was never automatically updated. I use the app very very often -- but remaining with version 1.0 was not a problem because it worked flawlessly fo me. Now, however, iOS-11 has been released and requires 64-bit apps, and my HP-12C is 32-bit -- I cannot update from iOS-10 to iOS11 because my HP-12C app is incompatible. How do I update my HP-12C app to make it compatible with Apple's iOS-11?

40 REPLIES 40
Joe_Horn
Level 8
622 609 117 207
Message 2 of 41
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Good news! It has been updated to 64-bits and runs under iOS 11: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/hp-12c-calculator/id503641946

-Joe-
0 Kudos
NickBallard
Author
Level 1
6 4 0 1
Message 3 of 41
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Yes, version 2.02 is 64-bit and will run on iOS-11-- but version 1.0 never automatically updated to version 2, and still doesn't. I seems that HP thinks their customers should repurchase the app to go from iOS-10 to iOS-11. Thanks Joe, for your reply…

0 Kudos
Joe_Horn
Level 8
622 609 117 207
Message 4 of 41
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Tim Wessman of HP posted the following in a reply yesterday in another thread about the HP-12C app:

----- Tim's note -----

You have only two choices unfortunately.

1. Send me a message through this forum and provide your email. I will forward to the person who manages the apps and they may be able to help in some way (provide a "free code", etc). That may not be instant since people always introduce delay. Smiley Happy

2. Buy it again. Unfortunately, because this was an issue caused by Apple and they refused to ever resolve it.... there isn't much we can do directly to fix the problem.

-Joe-
0 Kudos
Tim_Wessman
Level 8
Level 8
747 744 121 187
Message 5 of 41
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Note that we are trying to persue a techincal solution with Apple, but I honestly have no idea if that is even possible or how long it might take.

TW

Although I work for the HP calculator group as a head developer of the HP Prime, the views and opinions I post here are my own.
0 Kudos
NickBallard
Author
Level 1
6 4 0 1
Message 6 of 41
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I do understand that Apple's app store somehow made it impossible for HP's customers to update their HP-12C app beyond version 1.0 but, IT IS NOT APPLE"S PROBLEM. I am HP's customer, and HP pointed me to the Apple app store to purchase thier product because it was their sales outlet. If the app store "broke" the update "mechanism" it is HP's responsibility to fix it -- but HP didn't do that. HP issued a new product, called it version 2, so they could keep selling their product. Since Version 1.0 worked well until iOS-11 no one complained -- but after iOS-11 broke the product, complaints are everywhere, and everyone is discovering HP's unethical behavior. Interestingly, HP actions with this Mac app are surprisingly reminiscent of their abandoment of their older Mac printer drivers -- telling customers whose driver didn't work, to buy a new printer (many did, but they bought a Brother or Samsung printer, and swore to never buy another HP printer again. HP SHOULD UPDATE EVERY VERSION 1.0 AT THEIR EXPENSE, but they won't...

0 Kudos
Tim_Wessman
Level 8
Level 8
747 744 121 187
Message 7 of 41
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello,

We are working with Apple to get all users of the older app ported over to our new app without having to pay again.  This will take a little bit of time, so we apologize for the inconvenience this may cause you.  Please feel free to email us at calcualtors at hp.com if you have any questions.

TW

Although I work for the HP calculator group as a head developer of the HP Prime, the views and opinions I post here are my own.
NickBallard
Author
Level 1
6 4 0 1
Message 8 of 41
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thank You

0 Kudos
rijofe
5 5 0 0
Message 9 of 41
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I have the same issue but with HP 12C Platinum app, will that be upgraded free of charge to old customers like the HP12 C?

0 Kudos
Tim_Wessman
Level 8
Level 8
747 744 121 187
Message 10 of 41
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I am fairly certain the 12cp application did not have the same problem the 12C/15C apps had as it came out later. They are checking on that for me though.

We are pushing out the beta version to testflight currently and don't anticipate it will take much test time to resolve any minor issues remaining. Thank you for your patience.

TW

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation