Did you mean: 
ThatsSoGone
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post

HP 12C platinum iPhone app

HP Recommended
HP 12c platinum iPhone app

I recently bought the HP 12c platinum iPhone app to replace my ancient HP 12c app. My phone seems to be heating up since I downloaded the app. Is this common? How to I stop it?  Doesn’t seem to be an option to turn the running in background off if in fact this is the issue

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
cyrille
Level 6
Level 6
252 251 42 77
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello,

No, this is not a common problem. As a result, my answers are kind of shots in the dark...

1) We have recently pushed an updated to the various apps (for 64 bit). As a result, if you previously had a 32bit app, it would have updated it, BUT some of the state files might have been left behind during the update and might be causing an issue. I would suggest, as a first thing, trying uninstalling and reinstalling the app. This should cause a full erase/recreate of said state files and might solve the issue.

2) normally, unless the calculator is actively calculating (running blinks), it it supposed to be inactive and should not consume CPU power. Hence it should not heat the phone...

Are you seeing this "running" blink? If not, then I would assume that the problem is likely to be somewhere else with another app (might be wrong, as I said, shot in the dark there).

Cyrille

I am an HP Employee
0 Kudos
ThatsSoGone
Author
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

What is a running blink and how do I check this. 

0 Kudos
cyrille
Level 6
Level 6
252 251 42 77
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

hello,

When the 12C is doing a long calculation, the word "running" blinks on the screen.

This is what I am talking about.

If you see that, then it is using CPU power. Else, it should not be using any.

Cyrille

I am an HP Employee
0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation