Level 1
9 8 0 2
Message 1 of 12
Flag Post

HP 12c Platinum for iPhone and Ipad

HP Recommended
HP 12c Platinum for iPhone and
iOS

I recently purchased the HP12c Platinum for iPhone and iPad when a third party developer ceased to support their product.  Contrary to some other postings, when I upgraded to IOS 11, it ceased to function.  Does HP have any intention of upgrading this app?  Is there alternative someone can recommend?  I purchased this from HP because I thought that they could be trusted to keep the apps that they were selling up-to-date.

11 REPLIES 11
Tim_Wessman
Level 8
Level 8
747 744 121 187
Message 2 of 12
Flag Post
HP Recommended

The official HP 12cp app is in final testing stages. I can't give a specific timeline, but I would anticipate it not being too long before we release it. Thanks for your patience!

TW

Although I work for the HP calculator group as a head developer of the HP Prime, the views and opinions I post here are my own.
0 Kudos
Srinivasan2
5 4 0 0
Message 3 of 12
Flag Post
HP Recommended
Same here. I am another affected customer who still trusts HP to deliver on the same.
0 Kudos
JohnG5
Author
Level 1
9 8 0 2
Message 4 of 12
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Is it HP's position that they will update the 12c but not the 12c Platinum?  In other words, if we have the Platinum and we want to continue using the 12c features and interface, we must purchase the 12c (non-Platinum) on Apple Store.  If HP was going to discontinue support for Platinium, they must have known when I purchased a month ago and should have disclosed that.  In any event, they should make the 12c (non-Platinum) available to all Platinum users if they are not going to update the Platinum.

0 Kudos
Tim_Wessman
Level 8
Level 8
747 744 121 187
Message 5 of 12
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Not sure where you are getting that impression from exactly. The 12c Platinum (12cp) application is in final test stages and is currently out with beta testers through apple's testlfight system. When any remaining minor issues are corrected, it will be pushed out as an update like normal. Thank you for your patience.

TW

Although I work for the HP calculator group as a head developer of the HP Prime, the views and opinions I post here are my own.
0 Kudos
Srinivasan2
5 4 0 0
Message 6 of 12
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Dear Tim, Thank you for your assurance on the update for HP12C Platinum.  I found a bug in the earlier version which I want to bring to your notice.  When I am on a call and I access the calculator at the same time, the calculator does not take any key inputs and does not respond (the version for IOS 10.00).  You may want to check this out in the version you are releasing for IOS 11.00

0 Kudos
JohnG5
Author
Level 1
9 8 0 2
Message 7 of 12
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thank you for your assurance.  I will look forward to the update.  

0 Kudos
JohnG5
Author
Level 1
9 8 0 2
Message 8 of 12
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Is there any timetable for this?  If you normally use the calculator emulator every day, it is a real nuisance to be without it.  It has been known for a long time that this update was needed.  

0 Kudos
JohnG5
Author
Level 1
9 8 0 2
Message 9 of 12
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Please correct me if I am wrong.  HP has now released a new version of the HP 12C software but I find no new version of the HP 12C Platinium software.  In any event, the new software is not available as an update.  If users of the software want software that is compatible with IOS 11, they must purchase the new  12c software.  It is not available as an upgrade and there is no platinium version that I can find in the store at all.  At a minimum, it seems to me that HP ought to offer as an update a compatible version for 12c users and, if HP is not going to support the Platinium version that cost more in the first place, HP ought to offer the basic 12c software to such users without charge.  

0 Kudos
Tim_Wessman
Level 8
Level 8
747 744 121 187
Message 10 of 12
Flag Post
HP Recommended

The 12c Platinum application is current undergoing beta testing through Testflight. Once conmplete, it will be pushed to the store.

TW

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation