Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Sorry, perhaps this isn't the right section for my request.
I have done the upgrade of my HP 39gII with firmawere 04/09/2012 Rev.17818.
I erased all memory and then resetted default pressing ON, F1 and F6.

So all the factory APP is out and the memory is empty.

If I try to SOLVE the polinomy (x-3)(x+2)(2x+6)=0 the calculator give me only one result for example -3 end dosen't give me the other results.

Can you help my to restore the factory APP? I can write them by my hand.

Thanks a lot.

HP Recommended

Hi!, dmassimo 1968:

You must write, the polynomial ...

SOLVE POLINOMIOS_1.JPG Next step, press Num.JPG 

You can see, one result ...

SOLVE POLINOMIOS_2.JPG  but you needed Plot, for see the other results

X= -2

X= -3

X=  3

SOLVE POLINOMIOS_3.JPG

Now, for Sol. you can see the User Manual ... pages 61 and 67/68 of ... hp_39gii_users_guide_english_en_nw249-90001_edition_1.pdf

HP Recommended

Dear Miguel Angel Caporalini
Thank you very much for your reply.
I was very worried for my HP 39gII because I started the upgrade of the firmware and all the factory programs have been erased. So I thought I did something of wrong.
Now I know my HP 39gII is normal like yours.
Thank you again.

But now coming to my problems or rather mental problems 🙂 .....
For finding the solution of a generic polynomial like (x-3)*(x+2)*(2x+6)=0
I plot the polynomial, then put the cursor near a solution then I go back to the "solve numeric view" and I push F6 "solve". The calculator give me the right closer solution to the cursor. Everything it's ok.

But now, in your opinion,

1) Way at pag 68 of the "User's guide Edition 1" there is the following sentence: " [ALT] appears in the menu to alert you that there are multiple solutions. Press [ALT] to see the list of solutions and to select the one you want."?
In my calculator there is no [ALT] function but only [DEFN], like in your  "solve numeric view".

2) Way at pag 68 of the "User's guide Edition 2" there is the following sentence: " [DEFN] appears in the menu to alert you that there are multiple solutions. Press [DEFN] to see the list of solutions and to select the one you want."?

In the User's guide page 67, HP 39gII seems able to find Multiple solutin automatically. What do you think about it? Is it true? the Factory programs I erased, were they particulary APP to find multiple solution?

Thank you for your attention. (Sorry for any eveltual English errors ...)
Massimo Denni

HP Recommended

My first impressions of this purchase were quite hard-nosed, and its further in-depth study seems no point. HP-39GII is unpredictable, so I can`t trust it my work. At present no <version> able to fix global defects with this unit.

HP Recommended

Now that there actually IS a macOS Connectivity Kit (working fine with my HP Primes) I gave it a shot and connected the 39gII to my Mac. It didn't get recognized, didn't appear in the list of calcs.

So, does the macOS Connectivity Kit only work with HP Primes?

HP Recommended

Yes.

TW

Although I work for the HP calculator group as a head developer of the HP Prime, the views and opinions I post here are my own.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.