Flag Post

Solved!

HP 49g+ Software Installation

HP Recommended
HP 49g+ Graphing Calculator
Other

Hi

I would like to install/run a program on my HP calculator

I am fairly new to this calculator and have never used an HP graphing calculator before.

I am trying to install/run this program via the SD card reader and while it shows up and all of the files are recognised, I don't know how to execute the program.

Here is the link to the program I am trying to install.

https://www.hpcalc.org/hp49/games/arcade/pacman.zip

As far as I know this should work on the 49g+, however I may be mistaken.

I have already extracted the .zip file and in the readme.txt it says to open the pacman49.dir and press play, I don't know how to open it.

Any help will be apprecicated,

Ocelotzin

0 Kudos
6 REPLIES 6
Joe_Horn
Level 8
622 609 117 207
Message 2 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

After transferring it to your 49g+, press the VAR key and you will see "pacman" (probably truncated to "pacma") in the menu label above the F1 key.  Press that key to go into that directory.  Now press the PLAY menu key.

As other objects get stored in memory, the position of the pacman directory menu label and the PLAY menu label may change, which makes looking for them necessary, sometimes you even have to press the NXT key to see subsequent menu pages.  But the concept is always the same: Press VAR to see the names of your current variables displayed in the menu labels above the top row of keys, and then press the key below the desired menu label.

If that doesn't help, just holler!  Disclaimer: I don't work for HP or anybody else.

-Joe-
BartdB
Level 9
971 954 119 186
Message 3 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi,

You cannot run this program on the SD card. First copy it using FILES to the HOME directory. Then press VAR and you should see a directory called PACMA. Enter this directory and select Play.

-Bart
Author
4 3 0 0
Message 4 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended
Oh
Thanks for the help!
0 Kudos
Ocelotzin
Author
4 3 0 0
Message 5 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I followed your steps and what happened is that the menu for the F key changed to IOPAR PPAR CASDI

What do I do from here?

0 Kudos
Joe_Horn
Level 8
622 609 117 207
Message 6 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

If those are the only things that appear when you press the VAR key, then you haven't copied the pacman49.dir file to Home yet.  You MUST do that before you can use it.  If it's in your SD card, then press the FILES key, then use the filer to navigate into Port 3, then highlight pacman49.dir, then press COPY, then highlight Home and press OK.  Then press ON to exit the filer.  Now when you press VAR you'll see PACMA on the F1 key.

-Joe-
Ocelotzin
Author
4 3 0 0
Message 7 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended
Thanks, it works now
0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation