1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

HP 50G & Windows 10

HP 50G
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello to everyone, I´m new at the forum at this is the problem.

I just bought an HP 50G graphic calculator, I´m engineering student.

I´m just learning of how to use the calculator, and so I´m trying to add some apps to it. I read that I need the HP 50G driver in my computer and another program (don´t know which one). I can´t find any place where to download the driver, it almost seems it doesn't exist for Windows 10, but at youtube there are many videos where says "how to", already tried many of the links included at those videos and didn't work. Is there anyone who could help me? :Crying:

By the way if someone speaks spanish would be easier for me to understand. Thank you!

5 REPLIES 5
PhD Student PhD Student
PhD Student
705 697 110 162
Message 2 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

HP 50G & Windows 10

There is no windows 10 driver and we cannot make one for you unfortunately. This is because Microsoft requires signed drivers in windows 10, and there is a problem with the ARM computer chip in the 50G from samsung that prevents it from passing a USB test required to get the signed driver done. Note that the USB works fine, it just is slightly outside of a specification in one tiny way that blocks it from passing the "USB Test".

However, everyone who uses a 50G always just uses a SD card for data transfer as it is easier and better. Note it ****must*** be 2GB or smaller. Anything larger is an SDXC card, NOT an SD card and will not be read by the 50G.

Best of luck!

TW

Although I work for the HP calculator group as a head developer of the HP Prime, the views and opinions I post here are my own.
0 Kudos
Associate Professor
Associate Professor
972 949 118 180
Message 3 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

HP 50G & Windows 10

Hi,

I agree with Tim that the best way to transfer files to/from the 50g is to use an SD card.

If you have any issues regarding the use of the SD card or getting programs to work on your 50g, feel free to ask here for help.

A great resource of 50g programs, information and documentation is HPCalc: www.hpcalc.org

-Bart
1 1 0 1
Message 4 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

HP 50G & Windows 10

If this is the case you might have luck using an emulator like VMWare, but I think you have to have a copy of windows for it to work.

serdasteclas Student
Student
1 1 0 0
Message 5 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

HP 50G & Windows 10

I do realise this thread is almost a year old now, but as it is the first result on google it need to be corrected.

The driver DOES work on Windows 10 if you disable the driver signature enforcement in Windows 10. Note that this disable security validation of drivers so the driver that is considered unsecure (because it is old) can be installed.

1. Download Win7 driver from HP here.
  2. Go to Windows Settings
  3. Update and Security
  4. Recovery
  5. Advanced Startup -> Restart Now
  6. (windows will restart in recovery mode)
  7. Select trobleshoot
  8. Advanced Options
  9. Startup Settings
  10. (windows will reboot again, this time ins startup options)
  11. Press F7 to disable driver signature enforcement
  12. (windows will boot)
  13. Install the driver
  14. Confirm driver installation
  15. USB calculator now shows in the Connectivity Kit
  16. Put Calculator in Connect Mode and hit Connect
  17. Should work
0 Kudos
Distinguished Professor
Distinguished Professor
3,682 3,400 172 518
Message 6 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

HP 50G & Windows 10

Hi!, @Serdasteclas :

If you needed format the SDMC (not SDHC or SDXC) <= 1Gb., you can realized with the calculator with ...

ON+F4.

9.CARD.

2.FORMAT 

If SDMC (not SDHC or SDXC) > 1Gb. you needed format with FAT or FAT16 format, from PC or notebook with one program call ... https://www.sdcard.org/downloads/formatter/

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation