Kindred2
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post

HP 50g Periodic Table

HP Recommended
HP 50g
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi, I'm a college student using an HP 50g that I've had and loved for a couple of years. I'm just wondering how to remove the periodic table information, because I'm not allowed to have it on the calculator during exams. Also, I'm using 64 bit Windows 10, I guess just out of loyalty because it mostly annoys me, and I can't seem to find a 50g driver that runs on it, so is it possible to remove/disable the periodic table directly from the calculator? But still get it back later?

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
Joe_Horn
Level 8
624 611 118 208
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Yes, the Periodic Table library can be deleted and later reinstalled.

Before deleting it, you may wish to make reinstalling it easiest by copying it to an SD card using the Filer, or by copying it to your computer using the Conn4x program.

To delete it, press Left-shift APPS (FILES), then press 2, to view the contents of Port 2.  Scroll down until PRTBL : Periodic Table (Library 229) is highlighted, then press NXT PURGE. When asked "Are You Sure?" press YES.  Press ON to exit the Filer.

To reinstall it later, copy if from your SD card back to Port 2, or use the Conn4x program to copy it from your computer to the 50g's main memory and from there copy it to Port 2. If you didn't make a backup copy of the periodic Table library before deleting it, you can download it again from here: http://www.hpcalc.org/details/7097

If you copy it back to Port 2 but it doesn't appear in your LIBS menu, you may have to perform a "warmstart" to reattach it. Just tap the C key briefly while holding down the ON key. The 50g will reboot (don't worry; it doesn't clear any saved data) and all your libraries will be reattached.

If you need any further help regarding any of these steps, please don't hesitate to ask.

Disclaimer: I don't work for HP, but that's my name at the bottom of the PERINFO screen.

-Joe-
0 Kudos
Kindred2
Author
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thanks, Joe! That's easier than I thought. I was assuming that there'd be a longer process involved in deleting a whole library. I guess that takes care of it.

Kindred

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation