Did you mean: 
Hällregn
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post

HP 50g creates its own variables

HP Recommended
HP 50g

I’m having trouble with my HP 50g calculator. It creates variables on its own while performing other tasks and I don’t understand why. So I constantly have to go the variables menu (VAR) and empty it.

For example: my varibles menu is currently empty and if I create an equation and draw it I suddenly have 3 new variables in the variables menu named EQ, Y1 and PPAR. 

Is it supposed to be like that? Is there anyway I can stop this from happening? 

I want the variables to only be entered by me and not the calculator. This happens when doing other tasks also and if I forget to empty the variables menu for a while suddenly I’ll have a lot of new variables that mix up with my own variables that I create, which is confusing.

0 Kudos
Tags (1)
2 REPLIES 2
Maké
Level 9
3,551 3,490 180 541
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi!, @Hällregn :

When you create any equation and plot, the variables and parameters they are stored, in HOME (VAR). 

PPAR = Plot parameters.

EQ = The equation.

Y1 = Plot Setup.

You don't needed erase this variables. Only you see one of each (for ultimate creation equation).

Too, you can see ... https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c01787316 

Kind Regards !.
Have a nice day !.
@Maké (Technical Advisor Premium - HP Program Top Contributor).
Provost in HP Spanish Public Forum ... https://h30467.www3.hp.com/
0 Kudos
David_M
Level 6
140 139 29 60
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Some of the built-in features of the 50g will automatically create (or update) variables which are stored in the currently active directory of your 50g. Plotting is one of those features. Appendix D of the Advanced User's Reference Manual provides a list and brief descriptions of "System Reserved Variables", which includes not only those which are created automatically, but also those which can be manually created that have special purposes.

If you frequently use features which depend on some of these reserved variables, you may find it useful to use the ORDER command to place them at the end of the directory contents.  They'll remain as the last variables in the directory unless you manually reORDER them.

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation