69 43 1 5
Message 1 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

HP 50g failure , help immediately !!

HP 50g graphing calculator

Dear HP community ,

I have a pretty big problem , so before few hours when i started my HP 50g I got a strange blue and black dashes running horizontally all over my screen and all that moves like I'm playing a some sort of game . I tried to remove the batteries  but most interesting happens when i putted batteries again - so calculator started to play same again but this time without pressing a ON key , I want to say that  same happens no matter what I do !! Besides i know that every symbol , text number or anything else on my screen was black with no other colors , just black and green ( green color of screen )

In the message I will put you a photo of my screen during this happened , and remember that dashed line appears right after I start my calculator and it moves up and down all over my screen !! 

54524006_569176413488023_2001481770985324544_n.jpgthis is my picture of screen when that problem happen

here is a video how it looks  ,  when happens , on calculator :

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1XqDIrD9NyB4xWJLRuTau-T801zLqJrWz/view?usp=sharing

Please can you give me a  advice what next should i do , 

because i need that calculator and this is a unexpected problem for me , or maybe unexpected challenge that ecentually happen  

Thank you , for a forward !!

Best regards , 

4 REPLIES 4
Distinguished Professor
Distinguished Professor
3379 3317 159 493
Message 2 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Hi!, @JKova :

1) Try inserting the tip of a paper clip into the Reset hole, located in the back case, until it bottoms, while simultaneously pressing the BackSpace key, several times. Then, try and tell us.
2) But if you dare, you can disarm the calculator and short-circuit the electrolytic capacitor inside, to discharge the residual current.

You're Welcome !.
Best wishes and regards.
@Maké (Voluntary and "ad honorem").
Click the White thumb to say thanks.
Please, mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem.
PD : The experience is a comb that you are given, when you have become bald.
0 Kudos
Intern
Intern
69 43 1 5
Message 3 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Hello dear Maké,

I do that what you talk about , but situation get even worse and by now I can't even start my calculator . Screen is clear (empty) , and there is no any thing on it when i want him to return into a

live , If you does not understand what I mean I did not have enough lucky to start him again 

I did not quite understand when you write that I must press a BackSpace key several times , and how it looks that BackSpace key ? does it looks like key with big fat arrow pointing to the left side ? I asked this because I think that I do something wrong , I pressed WHITE SHIFT key instead ( maybe ) yours . Can it take some negative effect If I was doing that wrong ?

The second thing that you offered as a advice I did not tried because I don't have so much experience to get under the "hood" of my HP 50g and I will probably harm calculator even worse , but anyway thanks for advice !!

Have a nice day ,

Josip Kova

0 Kudos
Distinguished Professor
Distinguished Professor
3379 3317 159 493
Message 4 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Hi!, @JKova :

The key of BackSpace is ... BackSpace.JPG

Try again.

For open inside the HP50G and shortcircuit the cpacitor or condenser is same what remove the batteries and wait for 24/48 hs. for discharge the capacitor.

You're Welcome !.
Best wishes and regards.
@Maké (Voluntary and "ad honorem").
Click the White thumb to say thanks.
Please, mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem.
PD : The experience is a comb that you are given, when you have become bald.
Intern
Intern
69 43 1 5
Message 5 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Hello dear HP Support community ,

Especially dear @Maké ,

So this is how things works , at least for me - I switched old batteries , but batteries was not too old and they probably have a plenty of charge because I used a calculator only few times , with a new one and then I tried to start my HP 50g grapging calculator . The image whaz I get from my calculator was impressive to me , because I see things on my screen like they been before on calculator.

So thank you dear @Maké for all of your advices , but It seems that did not resolve my problem , but maybe might be helpfull for other users in such , or similar , situations !!!

But , If I can be honest  with you , I don't want never ever to be in a such situations because I was very afraid and after all my second "half-time" is barely started , I mean the second semester had started a long before for those who does not realized what i supposed to say 

So please dear @Make , although you gave me great advices and I mean really great but I'm not brave enough for attempt to open inside of my HP 50g graphing calculator , but i like your idea !!! Definitely , of course , sorry for first step that you suggest for me ... I was doing something wrong and all that time while I was trying to resolve a problem I was typing wrong key on my keyboard 

I appreciate for your help , anyway !!

So I guess that we had a problem with undefined solution , maybe will be better that someone else , and I mean of course  on dear @Maké , tapper that "Accept solution" button because that really , what I write before , solve my problem , here is a proof ... down below is a picture ...received_2336360486608860.jpegHere is best proof , you can see "objects" on screen !!

Just tapped that accept solution button and accept this solution by now , who ever get inside of this topic - I'm refering to you too !!!

Thank you very much ,

Josip Kova 

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation