zurgleblatz
3 2 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post

HP Connectivity Kit does not detect USB connection for HP Prime G2

HP Recommended
HP Prime G2 9CJ01204DC
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

The HP Connectivity Kit froze during a file upload, and I unplugged my HP Prime's USB connection without noticing if the calculator was showing an hourglass symbol.  When I restarted the calculator it went through a soft reset, but now the HP Connectivity kit does not recognize a USB connection when I plug the calculator back in, regardless of which USB port I try.  I then tried a factory reset and re-formatted the calculator's drive C:, but that didn't help, and I can't do a firmware upgrade without a USB connection.

3 REPLIES 3
cyrille
Level 6
Level 6
252 251 42 78
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello,

When you unplug and replug the calculator on the computer, does the computer go "bing bing" to show/tell that a USB device was plugged in?

If yes, then it means that USB is OK.

not sure if you have done this or not, but try stopping and restarting the con kit after you have made this test.

Also, to do a FW update on G2, the best way is to put the calc in update mode. Press and Hold the ON key, press and hold the symb key. Release the ON key but keep the symb key pressed until it is in update mode.

Then, plug in USB, start con kit, and normally, it should update automatically.

Cyrille

I am an HP Employee
Was this reply helpful? Yes No
zurgleblatz
Author
3 2 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

No, the computer does not have an audio cue when I attach or detach the USB cable with the Prime powered off or on.  I have tried multiple USB ports on both my laptop and desktop computers.  Restarting the HP Connection Kit app does not have any effect.  And without a functioning USB connection on the Prime, I don't think I can do a firmware update if there was one available.  It looks doubtful that it will even recharge now.  The On/Symbol key combo doesn't have any apparent effect.

zurgleblatz
Author
3 2 0 0
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I tried entering my S/N into HP's website but the website doesn't recognize it.  I bought it from Amazon.ca On June 30, 2020 (https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B07HF6RXGG), but Amazon has a limited 30 day return period, so there's nothing they can do.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation