Post new question
Question

Honor Student
Message 1 of 7 (492 Views)
Accepted Solution

HP Connectivity Kit problems on OS X El Capitan

Product Name: HP Prime
Operating System: Mac OS X 10.11 El Capitan

I was delighted to find out that the Connectivity Kit was also available on OS X (my one and only OS) but that turned to disappointment. I tried it on my iMac with El Capitan and firstly the software did not detect my calculator and secondly it crashed.

I thought it might be a simple process - just connect the supplied USB cable, start the app, and select the Update option. But like all things with computers this was not to be!!!

Has anyone tried it? What do I need to pay atention to when running the update on a Mac?

Accepted Solution

Re: HP Connectivity Kit problems on OS X El Capitan

What is the current version of software on your calculator? If it is not new enough, the Mac conn kit can't update it and you'll need to use the windows one once.

From your description it is possible you have a very early firmware which isn't supported for mac.

View solution in context
Master's Graduate
Message 2 of 7 (470 Views)

What is the current version of software on your calculator? If it is not new enough, the Mac conn kit can't update it and you'll need to use the windows one once.

From your description it is possible you have a very early firmware which isn't supported for mac.

----------------------
TW

Although I work for the HP calculator group, the views and opinions I post here are my own.
Honor Student
Message 3 of 7 (461 Views)

You are right I have an early version (2013 8 13 (5106).

I don't have access to a Windows machine so I'm trying to set up a Windows 10 VM under Virtualbox. I'll let you know how successful I am with this.

Thanks.

Honor Student
Message 4 of 7 (422 Views)

I tried setting Windows 10 in a VM (under VirtualBox). I could not get the USB port to work after a couple of tries. I decided to try it out on a friends Windows laptop and the update was successful. I can also report that the calculator is also visible on a Mac with OS X El Capitan.

Thnaks for your help.

Master's Graduate
Message 5 of 7 (408 Views)

Great. Glad you were able to get updated. From now on the "new update" method is fully supported on both mac and windows so you should be ok from now on.

----------------------
TW

Although I work for the HP calculator group, the views and opinions I post here are my own.
Student
Message 6 of 7 (212 Views)

Hi,

just tried to update my HP Prime from Mac OS EL Capitan 10.11.6. My Prime Software version is: 2014 12 3 (6975).

The Prime shows up in Connectivity Kit but when I start the update it complains about a missing "updater.exe" file supposedly located here:

applications/HP Connectivity KIt/Contents/MacOS/updater.exe 

I opened the App package and the path "applications/HP Connectivity KIt/Contents/MacOS/" does exist but there is no "updater.exe" in it.

Can you help.

Best

Highlighted
Master's Graduate
Message 7 of 7 (185 Views)

The same solution/recommendation applies to you here. You will need to update the Prime at least 1 time using a windows machine. From then on, Mac is fully supported.

----------------------
TW

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation