sebas_jara
3 2 0 1
Message 1 of 5
Flag Post

Solved!

HP PRIME do not pass x^2+y^2 screen

HP Recommended
HP PRIME CALCULATOR

was the firts time i connected the prime to the PC and it updates  but in that processes apperas the v13 screen and it block 

the prime

then when i was starting it only shows the hp and the x^2+y^2 screen but that´s it.

i saw some people talking about to start from the diagnostic sreen but well it doesn´t show up, the screen turn black

the only button that function is the start button 

please help, me it is new

thanks 

0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
cyrille
Level 6
Level 6
252 251 42 77
Message 2 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello,

Sorry about this...

They are a number of things that you could try. but test this one first:

Assuming that you do not have any important data in memory, the easiest way might be to erase the memory.

press and hold the C, F and O keys. Press and release the reset button.

This will drop you in the diagnostic screen.

Press 4: FLS utilities and then 3 ENTER to format the file system.

Once complete, reset the calculator and see if it works better.

Cyrille

I am an HP Employee
0 Kudos
sebas_jara
Author
3 2 0 1
Message 3 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended
I tried, but when I start the PRIME in the diagnostic screen the screen turn black and stay like that , no information is showed...

It doesn't works , thanks
What else con I do
0 Kudos
Tim_Wessman
Level 8
Level 8
747 744 121 187
Message 4 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

You must be on a windows computer since firmware that old don't support Mac.

Hold the SYMB key down. With SYMB down, plug in the calculator to USB.  If you are not back in the "v13 screen", press SYMB and then use a paper clip to push the "RESET"   button on the back of  the calculator. The goal is to get back to the v13 screen. (SYMB must be held down when the calculator starts booting)

What happened is this: to do the full update it needs to send 3 files. Only the 1st file was sent. In the latest windows 10 updates, Microsoft did something and it sometimes doesn't move on to the next files. See here for example: https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Calculators/HP-Prime-crash-during-update-and-doesn-t-restart-after/m-p...

If you send the 1st file and it doesn't move on and send another after it finishes for 10 seconds, unplug the HP Prime, and then connect it back  to the computer. That will trigger it to move on to the next file. Repeat for the final.

Post back if you get stuck anywhere. The good news is that older, unreliable updater isn't used any more. Once you get this updated you'll not have to do it again and the new updater will be more reliable.

TW

Although I work for the HP calculator group as a head developer of the HP Prime, the views and opinions I post here are my own.
0 Kudos
sebas_jara
Author
3 2 0 1
Message 5 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended
I have to open the cennective kit as windows 8 and finally it works , now is updated and works correctly thanks !!!
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation