Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Corruptissima
Level 3
21 20 3 11
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post

HP Prime Android and PC emulator give wrong answer for simplify((sin(3*x)+sin(7*x))/sin(5*x)

HP Recommended
HP Prime Software version 2.1.14181
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

The simplify((sin(3*x)+sin(7*x))/sin(5*x)) answers given by both PC Prime enulator and Prime Pro version on Android give wrong answer of 

2*COS(2*x) instead of 4*(cos(x))^2-2. Both the PC and Andriod verion has Software version: 2.1.14181.

Does this happen to an actual Prime handheld version? I'm testing the Emulator version before deciding to buy the physical one. 

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
Tim_Wessman
Level 8
Level 8
747 744 121 187
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

What makes you think that is an incorrect result? 😄

https://www.wolframalpha.com/input/?i=simplify((sin(3*x)%2Bsin(7*x))%2Fsin(5*x))

TW

Although I work for the HP calculator group as a head developer of the HP Prime, the views and opinions I post here are my own.
0 Kudos
Corruptissima
Author
Level 3
21 20 3 11
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thanks, Tim for your reply.

The reason was that one of the documents I came across called  "Symbolic computation and Mathematics with
the calculator HP Prime.  Shows that simplify((sin(3*x)+sin(7*x))/sin(5*x))
We get:
4*(cos(x))^2-2 and When I checked on GeoGebra Cas Program it also showed the same answer.

Thanks once again for your reply.

0 Kudos
Tim_Wessman
Level 8
Level 8
747 744 121 187
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Well, both are equivalent.

TW

Although I work for the HP calculator group as a head developer of the HP Prime, the views and opinions I post here are my own.
0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation