MarcoSienna
3 2 0 0
Message 1 of 5
Flag Post

Solved!

HP Prime Connectivity Kit crashes

HP Recommended
HP Prime

I've recently updated the HP Prime connectivity kit.  When I connect my HP Prime calculator to the PC, the calculator appears in the "Calculators" panel of the connectivity kit, however, as soon as I try to expand the tree  I receive a windows error "HP Connectivity Kit has stopped working" when I acknowledge the message the software closes.

Details:

HP Prime Calculator:

-  Hardware versoin ACAS

- OS V0.048.635

HP Connectivity Kit:

- Build 2016 12 8. Rev:11226

I've tried just about everything I could think of to resolve this including re-install the software and installing on two separate PC's one Windows 7 and one Windows 10.   I keep getting the same error.

Tags (1)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Tim_Wessman
Level 8
Level 8
747 744 121 188
Message 4 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Ok, you are up to date.

Is there anything critical on your device? The next step would be to wipe the calculator memory and see if the problem goes away.

Before doing that, you can make a backup of your current system. Go into the Memory screen (shift-toolbox), tap the Backups at the bottom, then click "new". It will backup the content of your memory into a zip file.

TW

Although I work for the HP calculator group as a head developer of the HP Prime, the views and opinions I post here are my own.

View solution in original post

Tags (1)
Was this reply helpful? Yes No
4 REPLIES 4
Tim_Wessman
Level 8
Level 8
747 744 121 188
Message 2 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

This is a pretty strange one I've not seen before.

Is your calculator all the way up to date? Press the HELP->Tree, go to the top and select "About HP Prime". What do you see for the version number there?

TW

Although I work for the HP calculator group as a head developer of the HP Prime, the views and opinions I post here are my own.
MarcoSienna
Author
3 2 0 0
Message 3 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thank-you for the repy. 

Software version: 2016 08 29 (10637)

Hardware Version: A

CAS Version: 1.1.2-11

Tim_Wessman
Level 8
Level 8
747 744 121 188
Message 4 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Ok, you are up to date.

Is there anything critical on your device? The next step would be to wipe the calculator memory and see if the problem goes away.

Before doing that, you can make a backup of your current system. Go into the Memory screen (shift-toolbox), tap the Backups at the bottom, then click "new". It will backup the content of your memory into a zip file.

TW

View solution in original post

Tags (1)
MarcoSienna
Author
3 2 0 0
Message 5 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

It worked!  

Defiantly something was corrupt as the backup did not work; fortunately I had another that was a couple of months old. Not much lost. 

Thank-you for the assistance.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation