Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ciro_Bruno
Level 4
137 122 6 17
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post

Solved!

[HP Prime] Connectivity Kit won't deal firmware update.

HP Recommended
HP Prime
macOS 10.13 High Sierra

Connectivity Kit shows unexpected message when asked to check or update HP Prime's firmware.

The attached screeenshot shows a message that means "THERE'S NO AVAILABLE UPDADE: /FIRMWARE/PrimeG1". It sounds there's some issue regarding file misplacement (maybe).

This message has occourred twice yesterday:

1st) When I was trying to check and upgrade a brand new HP Prime a coleague has just purchased, just out of the box. Its firmware is dated 2017.

2nd) When trying to update my own HP Prime, which has ben recently upgraded to the latest FW/SW.

Other functions such as backup, program editing and so on seem to be working propperly.

More info: last weekend I've replaced my computer's HD by a SSD. In Mac OS there's a specific file system for SSD. While HDs still use HFS+, SSDs are now using APFS.

I'd appreciate any help.

Thank you. Regards,

Ciro.

Captura de Tela 2018-08-17 às 07.59.42.png

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
Tim_Wessman
Level 8
Level 8
747 744 121 187
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Did you manually download a zip file from somewhere? Or did the connkit download the zip file?

Please provide a screenshot of your <MyDocuments>/HP Connectivity Kit/Firmware directory, and your <MyDocuments>/HP Connectivity Kit/Firmware/PrimeG1 directory.

TW

Although I work for the HP calculator group as a head developer of the HP Prime, the views and opinions I post here are my own.
Ciro_Bruno
Author
Level 4
137 122 6 17
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

In fact it has been downloaded through connkit itself.

But as I've replaced HD, it guess it's likely connkit wouldn't recognize these previous downloaded files.

Yesterday I've tried to reinstall the connkit, but nothing has changed. Maybe I should have deleted the firmware directories as well, shouldn't I?

Here you are pics of the folders:

Firmware folder.png

Firmware-PrimeG1 folder.png

And data regarding my device:

HP Prime details.jpg

Thank you very much.

Regards,

Ciro.

0 Kudos
Ciro_Bruno
Author
Level 4
137 122 6 17
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Tim, we've been in the right track.

I've made empty the field for working directory in Prefferences. Now, I've fiiled it back and it's working fine again.

I did it so in order to be able to choose the target directory for saving screenshots. I use to prepare instructions for students using screenshots and they should be organized in folders by disciplines and subjects.

By the way, what does it mean "PrimeG1" or "PrimeG2"?

I'd like to suggest an improvement: the faculty to choose a distinct folder for user's usage, such as saving screenshots. Maybe let the user save in the last used folder. This isn't realy a must, but would turn the work a bit smoother.

Thank you very much.

Best regards,

Ciro.

Captura de Tela 2018-08-18 às 11.20.10.png

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation