cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
KanaChan06
5 4 0 0
Message 1 of 11
Flag Post

[HP Prime] - Copied program from HOME or CAS view does not appear into the Program list

HP Recommended
HP Prime
Other

Hello,

On the recent version of the firmware, I tried to copy a program from the CAS view.

I made:

NEWPROG:=MYPROP

MYPROG is well displayed into the list of the programs onto the HP Prime.

BUT ... NEWPROG is not listed!

And if I want to create another program with the name NEWPROG, it is refused as there is already a program with this name.

I remember that this worked before.

Can you confirm it is a new bug of the latest firmware ?

Thanks in advance,

Kana.

10 REPLIES 10
Jan_D
Level 6
305 297 32 76
Message 2 of 11
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello Kana,

Maybe you will see your program when you press the Vars key, and next, in the menu choose CAS - All.

Or go to the Memory Manager by pressing Shift - Mem (on the B key)  and next choose CAS Vars.

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
KanaChan06
Author
5 4 0 0
Message 3 of 11
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello Jan_D,

Thanks for the answer and the tips.

I can see them in both but I remembered it was displayed too in the Program View.

I hope this will be enable again in a futur firmware evolution.

Tim_Wessman
Level 8
Level 8
747 744 121 188
Message 4 of 11
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Cas "programs" are not really programs. They are variables that contain either a function or a sequence of commands to execture. However, they can be recalled, stored into, or deleted.

Hence they are really variables because they behave like a variable in every aspect. I don't think we will ever change them to show up in "programs". That is reserved for user created programs using the actual programming lanugage and not the CAS scripting engine. They have never show up under "programs".

TW

Although I work for the HP calculator group as a head developer of the HP Prime, the views and opinions I post here are my own.
KanaChan06
Author
5 4 0 0
Message 5 of 11
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello,

I did not speak about a CAS program.

I speak about a program but I did the NEWPROG:=MYPROG in the CAS view.

I can do it also in the HOME view, it will be the same, NEWPROG does not appear in the Program View.

I remember that it was the case before.

Thanks in advance.

Jan_D
Level 6
305 297 32 76
Message 6 of 11
Flag Post
HP Recommended

When you want to make a copy of your program that appears in the Program Catalog, you can select the program in the Program Catalog and in the menu choose More -  Save.

cyrille
Level 6
Level 6
252 251 42 78
Message 7 of 11
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello,

You might have to use the Programs("name"):= .... function to do what you want...

Cyrille

I am an HP Employee
KanaChan06
Author
5 4 0 0
Message 8 of 11
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello Cyrille,

Can you details the use of the Programs("Name"):=... function ?

I cannot find it into the catalog and I have an error : Invalid entry (Erreur : entrée invalide).

Thanks in advance.

Joe_Horn
Level 8
649 634 124 222
Message 9 of 11
Flag Post
HP Recommended

In the Vars / Home / System menu, highlight Programs and press Help, for an explanation of its purpose and syntax. If your Prime's Vars / Home menu doesn't have a System submenu, or if that submenu is missing the Programs item, then you need to update your firmware.

Alternative approach: type "Programs" (with a capital P and without the quotation marks) but instead of pressing Enter, press Help.  If the help screen for Programs doesn't appear, then you need to update your firmware.

Disclaimer: I don't work for HP. I'm just another happy HP calculator user.

-Joe-
cyrille
Level 6
Level 6
252 251 42 78
Message 10 of 11
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello,

If you do not have the Programs funciton, then, you most likely have a quite old version of the firmware and I suggest that you update (using the connectivity kit).

Programs returns the list of all programs in the program catalog

Programs("name") return the text of the specified program

Programs("name"):= string stores string as the text for the specified program.

Cyrille

I am an HP Employee
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation