ryanm1
3 1 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post

HP Prime - Display one matrix element in RPN mode

HP Recommended
HP Prime
Other

How do you display one element of a matrix in RPN mode?

The user manual instructs to enter M2(1,2) to return the 2 element of the first row, however; in RPN mode this produces "syntax error"

There seem to be a lot of functionality lost in RPN mode. Is there a separate guide that provides instructions on how to use the calculator in RPN mode?

I don't mean stack operations and etc. I have been using an HP35s in RPN mode for years. I want to learn how to take advatange of the capability this calculator offers, specifically with regard to matrices, with using RPN mode.

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
Joe_Horn
Level 8
622 609 117 207
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

There might be a simpler way, but this works. Notice the single quote marks (accessed by pressing Shift parentheses):

'M2(1,2)'

Enter

Eval

Eval is accessed by pressing Shift comma.

Hope that helps!  Somebody else might suggest a more efficient method.

Disclaimer: I don't work for HP. I'm just another happy HP calculator user.

-Joe-
0 Kudos
Tim_Wessman
Level 8
Level 8
747 744 121 187
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

M1(2) ENTER

The reason is that you have to specify the number of arguments to the M1 function since it takes a variable number.

TW

Although I work for the HP calculator group as a head developer of the HP Prime, the views and opinions I post here are my own.
0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation