Message 1 of 5
Flag Post

Solved!

HP Prime Emulator Virtual Calculator Update Issue

HP Recommended
HP Prime Virtual Calculator
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello!

I installed the HP Prime Virtual Calculator for a user.  When they go to open it, they get a message "do you want to download the following updates?"  The version listed I'm prompted to update to, HP_Prime_Virtual_Calculator_x64_2018_10_16.exe, is the same version that is installed.  If I accept the offer to update, I get the repair/uninstall dialog.

Any thoughts on this?  Thanks!

0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
mikhail-71
Level 2
6 6 1 2
Message 2 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello, @Jhunter11 :

Better if you installed in your notebook or PC, this Software ...

ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/calculators/Prime/HP_Prime_Calculator_Firmware_20181016.zip

ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/calculators/Prime/HP_Prime_Connectivity_Kit_20181016.exe

ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/calculators/Prime/HP_Prime_Virtual_Calculator_2018_10_16.exe

From … ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/calculators/Prime/

Note : You first needed delete the files installed actually.

Welcome to HP Community !.
@mikhail-71 (Technical Advisor).
0 Kudos
jhunter11
Author
3 2 0 0
Message 3 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Mikhail -

That's where I downloaded the software from.  It's only the virtual calculator that gives the update error.

0 Kudos
Tim_Wessman
Level 8
Level 8
747 744 121 187
Message 4 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

A 64 bit windows computer will incorrectly report an update, even if it is the same version. This is being resolved in the next release if/when there is one. Thanks!

TW

Although I work for the HP calculator group as a head developer of the HP Prime, the views and opinions I post here are my own.
jhunter11
Author
3 2 0 0
Message 5 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thanks for confirming that!

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation